Carbon vs. Aluminum. vs. Steel vs. Titanium???

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Billx, Mar 14, 2003.

  1. Billx

    Billx Guest

    Are there any good articles on the Internet regarding the pros and cons for each of these frame
    materials? I could do a Google search but that often yields alot of crap that would have to be
    sifted through.

    Tags:

  2. Melon

    Melon Guest

    http://www.solace.mh.se/~turbo/mek/metals/

    --
    Melon

  3. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:03:17 -0500, "BillX" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Are there any good articles on the Internet regarding the pros and cons for each of these frame
    >materials? I could do a Google search but that often yields alot of crap that would have to be
    >sifted through.

    Do a usenet search in rec.bicycles.tech <http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search

  4. David Storm

    David Storm Guest

    Check out: http://www.calfeedesign.com/Calfee_TWP.pdf , a white paper by Calfee, a carbon frame
    manufacturer, but pretty objective.

    "BillX" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Are there any good articles on the Internet regarding the pros and cons
    for
    > each of these frame materials? I could do a Google search but that often yields alot of crap that
    > would have to be sifted through.

  5. Ed Ness

    Ed Ness Guest

  6. Alexey Merz

    Alexey Merz Guest

    "David Storm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<O7uca.7081$S%[email protected]>...
    > Check out: http://www.calfeedesign.com/Calfee_TWP.pdf , a white paper by Calfee, a carbon frame
    > manufacturer, but pretty objective.

    I read it. It has a lengthy, and for me somewhat infirmative discussion of methods for building
    carbon frames. But _please_ tell us that you were joking about its objectivity.

    -Alex