carbon vs TI vs Al vs steel . . . ?

You're missing the point here. If a post doesn't contain the level of technical authority that you
prefer, ignore it and move on, or perhaps provide your own insight into the topic. My OP was perhaps
useless. Your reply was rude. You demand that every statement be backed up by lengthy technical
detail, whereas I only expect that posters to this newsgroup suppress their juvenile desire to act
like jerks to others in a public forum.

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:41:49 GMT, "KBH" <[email protected]> wrote:

>You're missing the point here. If a post doesn't contain the level of technical authority that you
>prefer, ignore it and move on, or perhaps provide your own insight into the topic. My OP was
>perhaps useless. Your reply was rude. You demand that every statement be backed up by lengthy
>technical detail, whereas I only expect that posters to this newsgroup suppress their juvenile
>desire to act like jerks to others in a public forum.

Saying "Steel is real" without any explanation or backup is rude, arrogant, insulting, and highly
juvenile behaviour. You got called on it. Stop making it worse for yourself.

Jasper

I have tried pretty much every material and my theory is that a well made frame, in any material, is
a good ride.

A poorly thought out aluminum or titanium frame is not any better than a well made steel frame.

Generally, the more expensive the material the less likely you are to get a dud. A lot of thought
goes into a carbon frame, but anyone can weld together some steel pipes. That is probably why 6061
alum and cromo have relatively lower reputations. Having said that, I would rather have a Scapin,
Steelman, Bontrager or Waterford/Gunnar cromo frame than a generic Columbus Airplane frame.

My latest ride is a 15-20 year old GIOS Torino Professional. It has a very nice ride and should last
another 15 years.

news:[email protected]...