Carbon wrap kit!

Powerful Pete

May 29, 2004
The newest thing in the cycling world! Sure to revolutionise our riding experience and put those expensive carbon fiber frame makers out of business!

Of course, it is 1 April today... super-responsive carbon wrap...

huh, i don't know what to think of that. I do believe that carbon has its benefits over aluminum, its more stiff/light, but wrapping aluminum wrapped in carbon? I just wouldn't trust it. but thats my opinion. I'm probably wrong as usual :D

No, but it really makes a difference... wrapping your alu or steel frame in carbon fiber self-adhesive strips has made by ride much more forgiving, stiff yet vertically compliant.

And now I can spend more money on other stuff, no need to spend it on a 3000 Euro Colnago frame!

It really is luxurious! :D

Thought the idea was to reduce weight, remember, we were eliminating all absolutley nonessential internal organs and draining back extra blood, urine, and fecal matter.

I have done a partial wrap of my rear triangle. Gosh! My back side is now riding on silk. Just love it!

PM me for my remaining supplies. $50/roll with highly durable proprietary 3M adhesive backing. :D

Ooohhhhh, cool. How many rolls do you have left! I want to carbon wrap my daughter's tricycle too! :D

Powerful Pete said:
Ooohhhhh, cool. How many rolls do you have left! I want to carbon wrap my daughter's tricycle too! :D
Well if its for your daughter, you need to forget about the $50 rolls and buy my $125 rolls. They're 100% safer. Family safety should come first.:p

coneofsilence said:
Well if its for your daughter, you need to forget about the $50 rolls and buy my $125 rolls. They're 100% safer. Family safety should come first.:p
Ahhh, thanks. I really appreciate that. I wonder if I wrap her Barbie helmet in the stuff, will it make it lighter and more comfortable? :confused:

Powerful Pete said:
Ahhh, thanks. I really appreciate that. I wonder if I wrap her Barbie helmet in the stuff, will it make it lighter and more comfortable? :confused:
Of course, its like Jello, everything is better with Carbon.

Powerful Pete said:
12K weave carbon underpants? :D
OK, most everything. I've seen shattered carbon fiber, don't think I want it that close to my nuts, no matter how seemingly soft it it.

stlblues said:
OK, most everything. I've seen shattered carbon fiber, don't think I want it that close to my nuts, no matter how seemingly soft it it.
Point taken. Although you will then risk not being rigid yet vertically compliant...

Powerful Pete said:
Point taken. Although you will then risk not being rigid yet vertically compliant...
Good point..............are we actually getting anywhere?

stlblues said:
Yes, CF wrap is the technology of the future, it'll pacify all the flame wars between steelies and CF lovers, bring peace back to cycling forum and Usenet groups. The saying "Steel is Real" will now truly be relegated to the history books and be replaced by "Carbon wrap is REAL"! :D

stlblues said:
Don't really know actually. This is becoming one of those 'the journey is better than the destination' kind of threads.

No, this "carbon wrap" is not good enough! It doesn't look like real CF, just a cheap pattern!

Apparently this stuff is lighter than air. They claim that it actually DECREASES the weight of the frame.:rolleyes: