CarbonLORD Carbon Fiber Cranks / LIFETIME WARRANTY

I think a better question is:

Who decides what is "warranty" and what isn't.

I've heard that you've got a better chance of having a quiet
coffee in Baghdad than you do getting warranty from him.

"Jay Hill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> CarbonLORD wrote:
>
> Threatened to kill anybody lately?

---
virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.703 /
Virus Database: 459 - Release Date: 6/11/2004

Dont start again guys. If you are not interested,
simply pass.

Until you have done business with me, you are not qualified
to make ASSumptions.

5 years ago, you said I would not last, still here, with an
entire new product line up even.

5 years ago, you referenced my eBay ID claiming it would not
last, still at %100 positive feedback and climbing.

Some have used the Warranty program I offer (or again, I can
offer NO warranty if you preffer, be thankfull I offer any
warranty, not disruptive)

Still the same bandwagon of commentators who have never done
business with me.

If your up for the challenge, I'm still game, as always.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (CarbonLORD) writes:
|> Dont start again guys. If you are not interested,
|> simply pass.
|>
|> etc., etc.
|>
|> 5 years ago, you referenced my eBay ID claiming it would
|> not last, still at %100 positive feedback and climbing.

Now that would be impressive, a feedback rating grater
than 100%! :)

Note the smiley. I have no comment on the merchandise or
warranty, I just couldn't resist this one.

Gareth

Now that would be impressive, a feedback rating grater
than 100%! :)

Note the smiley. I have no comment on the merchandise or
warranty, I just couldn't resist this one.

Gareth

Ha ha! Funny guy ;)

But you already know it is my feedback I was referring to and not the percentage number.

I just don't understand these guys.

I mean are these guys really so bored they have nothing better to do then bicker and rant about a product they have no experience with?

Or was it meerley an attempt at sarcasm on the internet?

Regardless, I have always said there is a place for everything. This is a marketplace and not a discussion forum, (I thought?). After all it is rec.MARKETPLACE and not rec.DISCUSSIONS correct?

I'd feel more incline to go into detail if either of the posters were a customer with a problem, but that is not the case.

Rather then rely on rumor and hear say, like I have always said, you two jokers go and find me some hard evidence of a person who was denied warranty before you make such comments.

If you can not at least back your word, rest assure, I will back mine.

The reality is, if I had no intentions on providing a product or warranty, I would not have a web site for the last 5 years dedicated to such.

The flip side of the coin is, I can cease to offer any warranty, the product is good enough that it will sell itself but the simple fact is, I offer a significant warranty for piece of mind and to show, like I said 5 years ago, I'm not going anywhere so in another 5-10-15+ years, I'll still be doing this, and whatever other markets come my way.

I hope you can appreciate my time and efforts in explaining to what I feel are two people not worthy of any explanation and yes, I have told a few people here that they should watch themselves and probably not cross paths (in so many words) but they were just like these two, not customers of mine, without any hard evidence spouting off at the keyboard without anything (no product and no proof of their so called "hear say", claims, watever).

If it were your products and your business on the line, what would you do? Ignore them? Perhaps if they were in the least correct one one angle, but they are not. I choose to explain, and if they decide they want to argue about it further, I make the choice which is simple, make friends or make yoru enemy's.

Why one would want to knowingly make an enemy is beyond me but I'm not the one instigating these ordeals, I simply respond with you can race me and my product or if you want to be a tough guy about it, know that I am not some scared little self righteous kid hiding behind a computer screen and expect confrontation if we ever do cross paths.

Thankfully it has never come to that but believe me, like I said before, I'm game if you want to play the game.

In the meantime, I will continue to do what has served me well and represent thiese products and the warranty and web site I personally havve created to better serve my customers.

If you don't agree with that, come correct with some factuall information and allow me my opportunity to respond.

Regardless, this "Marketplace" is not the appropriate place to do that.

If you can't at least respect that, how the hell am I supposed to respect you?

Perhaps there is a history here that I am not aware of. I will accept that it is just that history. I have no dealings with Carbon Lord but he has as much right to post a listing as any one else without petty comment. Those who have taken it upon themselves to attack his character as well as his product have proven their point. That they lack any character or integrity themselves. I am sure this was not their intention yet it is what they have clearly done. It is as if they were in a super market ranting at the bread baker. Who appears crazy the baker or the ranter. I would encourage them to examine there own faults before pointing the finger at someone else.

In article <[email protected]>, usenet-
[email protected] says...
>Now that would be impressive, a feedback rating grater than
>100%! :) Note the smiley. I have no comment on the
>merchandise or warranty, I just couldn't resist this one.
>Gareth Ha ha! Funny guy ;) But you already know it is my
>feedback I was referring to and not the percentage number.
>I just don't understand these guys. I mean are these guys
>really so bored they have nothing better to do then bicker
>and rant about a product they have no experience with? Or
>was it meerley an attempt at sarcasm on the internet?

Re-read their comment. They ain't knocking your product.

>Regardless, I have always said there is a place for
>everything. This is a marketplace and not a discussion
>forum, (I thought?). After all it is rec.MARKETPLACE and
>not rec.DISCUSSIONS correct?

Discussions about the market are appropriate.

>I'd feel more incline to go into detail if either of the
>posters were a customer with a problem, but that is not
>the case.

It isn't, so no details are necessary.

<snip> long warranty rant omitted

Why so defensive when the follow up did not say anything bad
or good about your product?

>Regardless, this "Marketplace" is not the appropriate place
>to do that.

Actually there are times when it is appropriate.
---------------
Alex

Actually there are times when it is appropriate.
Alex [/B][/QUOTE]

....and asking if I have threatened to kill anyone lately is appropriate?

c'mon now Alex, I think that knocks both me and the product. How would you respond?

There was no Warranty rant, that was the benifit of an explanation which I took the time and liberty of explaining to you. Again, were you in my position, how would you respond?

I'm a firm believer that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and a strong believer in freedom of speech, but I also believe that people should be allowed to respond, to any comment.

I certainly wouldnt view these comments as friendly or worth while in a marketplace which is designated for the sale of merchandise and when someone acts in an unreasonable manner, they should expect a response, and provide reasoning.

Making comments like "I've heard that you've got a better chance of having a quiet coffee in Baghdad than you do getting warranty from him."

Did you expect I would sit idol and not ask for some shread of proof toward sthat statement, and how do you figure that is not a direct slam against my products?

I think you need to re-read the comments posted and put yourself in my shoes.