'Carcraft' Advert!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Hemmings, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. Has anyone seen the 'Carcraft' advert were it shows a family on a tandem towing a trailerbike. The
    advert seems to imply that you only own a bike because you can't afford a car. It's pre-conceptions
    like this, which feed peoples' ignorance of the value of cycling as a valuable form of transport and
    a healthier lifestyle.

    John

    Tags:

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    in article [email protected], John Hemmings at [email protected] wrote
    on 19/7/2003 5:53 pm:

    > Has anyone seen the 'Carcraft' advert were it shows a family on a tandem towing a trailerbike. The
    > advert seems to imply that you only own a bike because you can't afford a car.

    They've obviously never priced a childback tandem or a Burley Piccolo, then
    :)

    Guy

  3. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    Remarkable!! I thought exactly the same thing. Sad,sad people. Is it a tandem or a triplet?

    Sam Salt

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > in article [email protected], John Hemmings at [email protected]
    > wrote on 19/7/2003 5:53 pm:
    >
    >> Has anyone seen the 'Carcraft' advert were it shows a family on a tandem towing a trailerbike.
    >> The advert seems to imply that you only own a bike because you can't afford a car.
    >
    > They've obviously never priced a childback tandem or a Burley Piccolo, then :)
    >
    > Guy

    ---

  4. John'S Cat

    John'S Cat Guest

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:32:05 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >in article [email protected], John Hemmings at [email protected]
    >wrote on 19/7/2003 5:53 pm:
    >
    >> Has anyone seen the 'Carcraft' advert were it shows a family on a tandem towing a trailerbike.
    >> The advert seems to imply that you only own a bike because you can't afford a car.
    >
    >They've obviously never priced a childback tandem or a Burley Piccolo, then
    >:)
    >
    >Guy
    At the risk of being on the receiving end of a few sneers, my thoughts exactly. You can buy a rust
    bucket with a MOT for a couple of hundred. How much for a decent tandem etc?