Careful What you carry....

bikemike55

May 11, 2011
If your thinking about carrying a hand gun rethink what your doing. I've been a cyclist for 10 years now and it's ignorant people like these idiots www.ihatebicycles.com that would make me not want to carry a hand gun. I've already posted on there site asking them to reconsider there terrible and hateful ways but no luck so far. Give em' a piece of your mind!

Bike Mike

What about that website makes you NOT want to carry a gun?

Not wanting to carry a gun BECAUSE of a website (and people) like that seems like it should be the other way around. Like I said in another thread on this subject... I've never carried a gun (on the bike) but people like that make me rethink whether or not I should include my Glock .40 as part of my ride kit. I've seen a lot of crazy stuff on rides (back in the day when I used to race) and it only seems like people are getting worse and more stupid than they used to be.

If you get a chance... Follow a riders return to the bike after a 15+ year "offseason" http://theprodigalcyclistca.blogspot.com/

you never know what one of these nuts has in there car is what I'm saying they too can be carrying a gun, not to mention the weight of the car, suv, or semi-truck x the speed its traveling. I'm just saying it goes both ways, as a cyclist i've found its just better to reason with people like www.ihatebicycles.com, rather than trying to use force, force escalates an equal or stronger force, in the case of people, especially people as passionate as cyclists clashing with the frustration that comes with driving. Again I feel that there site is wrong, best you can do is reason with ignorance like this

Bike Mike

Don't get me wrong... I'm not suggesting that anything should be started with anyone. I'm a laid back individual that (for the most part) would rather just avoid a confrontation, or reason my way out of one than to actively look for trouble. But if trouble finds me and I have no other recourse I WILL (and have) defend myself, and do it to the point of savagery.

With that said...

If one of these nut jobs felt a need to start **** with me when
I'm all alone
On a road that's 15 miles away from nowhere
I'd like to have a bit of help... and if I was in that situation and the nut job that wanted to start stuff had a gun... ALL the MORE reason I'd like to have one too.

I'm not saying that everyone should carry a gun... I'm not saying ANYONE should carry a gun.... but stories like the one you linked to DO NOT make a very good case for not carrying a gun.

If you get a chance... Follow a riders return to the bike after a 15+ year "offseason" http://theprodigalcyclistca.blogspot.com/

Bike Mike - What is so "hateful" about carrying practical protection? There are a lot of rabid animals out there (and a lot of crazy rabid people) so packing a pistol is just good sense. As a person who likes to ride at night, I always carry my trusty Glock. I've never had to use it (and I hope I don't) but knowing I have some protection is better than feeling vulnerable

I only think about carrying it when I'm lugging it up hills.

But, I have re-thought it. Many times.

Better workout. Better prepared.