Carnac Quartz Shoe Repair Problem

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Dan Tompkins, Feb 3, 2003.

  1. Dan Tompkins

    Dan Tompkins Guest

    I bought a pair of Carnac Quartz shoes this summer. My previous pair of Carnacs had been wonderful
    and durable, but the Quartz are having strange durability problems. Specifically, the black part of
    the shoe on the crank side (i.e. the left part of the right shoe and the right part of the left) is
    coming unglued and unstitched.

    This is irritating, since they cost so much. The new design involves glue and stitches while the
    old one had this portion of the shoe (which gets pressure because the straps loop to it) sewn
    into the sole.

    Anyhow, now I'm trying to figure out where to send these shoes to get them fixed. Carnac is a French
    company. There is nothing about repairs on their website. Is there someplace in the states that
    folks know of?

    Dan Tompkins [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Take them to any carnac dealer or where you got them, I had a problem with the ellipse model because
    the leather by the straps started to split. Carnac replaced them for free with no problems, as long
    as it's under a year, there warranty is 12 months.

    news:[email protected]...