Carnac UCS3 SPD Insert

Thosj

Guest
I have one pair of Carnac road shoes that have the USC3 insert, and I
have a set of inserts for old 2 bolt SPD. Are these inserts available
anywhere yet? I haven't been able to find any online. I suppose the USC3
insert is dead, so finding a set will be hard. Any ideas?

In article <[email protected]>, Thosj <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I have one pair of Carnac road shoes that have the USC3 insert, and I
> have a set of inserts for old 2 bolt SPD. Are these inserts available
> anywhere yet? I haven't been able to find any online. I suppose the USC3
> insert is dead, so finding a set will be hard. Any ideas?

a quick google search with ucs3 carnac insert spd turns up a number (that
number is 98) of hits (though some may be leftovers). when i decided to
stick with my 4-bolt time, i did a similar search and picked up a couple
of extras to last me until my legs fall off.

H. Guy wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Thosj <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> I have one pair of Carnac road shoes that have the USC3 insert, and I
>> have a set of inserts for old 2 bolt SPD. Are these inserts available
>> anywhere yet? I haven't been able to find any online. I suppose the USC3
>> insert is dead, so finding a set will be hard. Any ideas?

> a quick google search with ucs3 carnac insert spd turns up a number (that
> number is 98) of hits (though some may be leftovers). when i decided to
> stick with my 4-bolt time, i did a similar search and picked up a couple
> of extras to last me until my legs fall off.

Almost all of the above search results, which I tried in many
combinations, are either NOT SPD, or SPD-R, which I think are the new
SPD type thing, which looks like 4 bolts.

Henk Fictorie wrote:
> Thosj wrote:
>> I have one pair of Carnac road shoes that have the USC3 insert, and I
>> have a set of inserts for old 2 bolt SPD. Are these inserts available
>> anywhere yet? I haven't been able to find any online. I suppose the USC3
>> insert is dead, so finding a set will be hard. Any ideas?

> These? http://www.xxcycle.com/php/boutique/page.php?nom=PRODUITpp&key=1366
>
> Henk

These look like they'd work but alas, I'm in the US and these are in
France and for some reason my credit card rejected on the international
purchase. Perhaps I should try PayPal.

Anyone got a link to these in the US?

wrote:

> Henk Fictorie wrote:

> > These? http://www.xxcycle.com/php/boutique/page.php?nom=PRODUITpp&key=1366

> These look like they'd work but alas, I'm in the US and these are in
> France and for some reason my credit card rejected on the international
> purchase. Perhaps I should try PayPal.

also in the US, and i purchased some alter stems & covers from xxcycle last
year. if they have them and accept paypal, you might want to give them a try.

On Oct 22, 4:07 pm, Thosj <[email protected]> wrote:
> Henk Fictorie wrote:
> > Thosj wrote:
> >> I have one pair of Carnac road shoes that have the USC3 insert, and I
> >> have a set of inserts for old 2 bolt SPD. Are these inserts available
> >> anywhere yet? I haven't been able to find any online. I suppose the USC3
> >> insert is dead, so finding a set will be hard. Any ideas?

> > These?http://www.xxcycle.com/php/boutique/page.php?nom=PRODUITpp&key=1366

> > Henk

> These look like they'd work but alas, I'm in the US and these are in
> France and for some reason my credit card rejected on the international
> purchase. Perhaps I should try PayPal.
>
> Anyone got a link to these in the US?

You could go to a bike shop that has sold them in the past,
or call the Carnac importer, or get the bike shop to call the
Carnac importer. Mail order places make their margins
in part by not keeping this kind of stuff around.

Ben