Carnage Video - Chimney Rock

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> This is the carnage I caught at Chimney Rock. I highly recommend the high
> bandwidth version.
>
> High Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/crcarnage.mpg (22 MB)
> Low Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/crcarnage.wmv (4.5 MB)
>
> I'll have the real trail stuff later in the week.
>
> And let me pay the respects I forgot as an old punkrocker:
>
> RIP JOEY RAMONE. WE MISS YOU!

Lies and broken promises! Three things. First, carnage?? It was a couple
low speed un-painful looking dives that could be called a bruise-fest at
most. Second, if the high bandwidth looked that distorted, I hesitate to
even imagine what the low bandwidth looks like! And third, "Worth the
wait" my ****! The last crash was the least interesting of all,
considering it showed the least. What even caused the accident? It was
just a blur of foliage and that's it, over.

Ehh, don't worry about it, I'm just bustin' yer chops.

John M

John Morgan wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> This is the carnage I caught at Chimney Rock. I highly recommend
>> the high bandwidth version.
>>
>> High Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/crcarnage.mpg (22 MB)
>> Low Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/crcarnage.wmv (4.5 MB)
>>
>> I'll have the real trail stuff later in the week.
>>
>> And let me pay the respects I forgot as an old punkrocker:
>>
>> RIP JOEY RAMONE. WE MISS YOU!

> Lies and broken promises! Three things. First, carnage?? It was a
> couple low speed un-painful looking dives that could be called a
> bruise-fest at most. Second, if the high bandwidth looked that
> distorted, I hesitate to even imagine what the low bandwidth looks
> like! And third, "Worth the wait" my ****! The last crash was the
> least interesting of all, considering it showed the least. What even
> caused the accident? It was just a blur of foliage and that's it,
> over.
>
> Ehh, don't worry about it, I'm just bustin' yer chops.
>
> John M

For what it's worth. I laughed most of the time I was putting it together.

"Ride-A-Lot" <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This is the carnage I caught at Chimney Rock. I highly recommend the high
> bandwidth version.
>
> High Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/crcarnage.mpg (22 MB)
> Low Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/crcarnage.wmv (4.5 MB)

Here's carnage....near the end though. It's old but still painful LOL!
What really hurts is seeing myself in those purple duds.

http://images.lottadot.com/mirror/sbell/videos/YeAV2.mpg

Shaun Bell

Shaun wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> This is the carnage I caught at Chimney Rock. I highly recommend
>> the high bandwidth version.
>>
>> High Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/crcarnage.mpg (22 MB)
>> Low Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/crcarnage.wmv (4.5 MB)

> Here's carnage....near the end though. It's old but still painful
> LOL! What really hurts is seeing myself in those purple duds.
>
> http://images.lottadot.com/mirror/sbell/videos/YeAV2.mpg
>
> Shaun Bell

That's some cool footage. It's all relative, though. A fall for me on that
sh*t would mean a hosptal stay.
--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Shaun B says:

>Yikes, it's 49MB! Dial up ignore.

Heehee... I pulled that one down a couple of years ago in your "pre-angel"
days when I had broadband at work.
Still a classic.

Glad to see you're still around the group, if quiet.

Steve

"TM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

I read about a fire in BC a
> while back, was this area effected?

Some of the video was from the North Shore and wasn't affected by the fire.
Just about everything else you see was torched. Looks like this year could
be even worse for fires. Besides mountain biking, I fly RC turbine jets.
Both were banned last year due to fire hazard. It's like the "mad cow" of
BC LOL!

Shaun Bell

"Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Just about everything else you see was torched.

That's a shame.

I hope you guys have a better year.

When you say banned, do you mean no mtb riding, or, just certain areas?

"TM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > Just about everything else you see was torched.

> That's a shame.
>
> I hope you guys have a better year.
>
> When you say banned, do you mean no mtb riding, or, just certain areas?

Completely banned everywhere. It's pretty funny that just about everyone I
ride with went out and bought road bikes! The things you'll do to ride.

Shaun

Shaun wrote:
> Here's carnage....near the end though. It's old but still painful LOL!
> What really hurts is seeing myself in those purple duds.
> http://images.lottadot.com/mirror/sbell/videos/YeAV2.mpghttp://images.l-
> ottadot.com/mirror/sbell/videos/YeAV2.mpg
> Shaun Bell

Me, I mean. After watching your video, that's about the best I could
call myself. Incredible riding. The music selection for the Crash and
Burn section was pure gene-e-ous...

Thanks for the link.

Ken

--

Shaun wrote:
> "TM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>>> Just about everything else you see was torched.

>> That's a shame.
>>
>> I hope you guys have a better year.
>>
>> When you say banned, do you mean no mtb riding, or, just certain
>> areas?

> Completely banned everywhere. It's pretty funny that just about
> everyone I ride with went out and bought road bikes! The things
> you'll do to ride.
>
> Shaun

my fall camp was cancelled last year due to the fire closures.

penny

On 2004-07-01, Shaun penned:

> "Ride-A-Lot" <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> This is the carnage I caught at Chimney Rock. I highly recommend the
>> high bandwidth version.
>>
>> High Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/crcarnage.mpg (22 MB) Low
>> Bandwidth: http://www.schnauzers.ws/crcarnage.wmv (4.5 MB)

> Here's carnage....near the end though. It's old but still painful
> LOL! What really hurts is seeing myself in those purple duds.
>
> http://images.lottadot.com/mirror/sbell/videos/YeAV2.mpg

I just got around to watching this ... wow.

Just when I think I have a grip on all the crazy **** that people do on
a mountain bike ...

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:24:31 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

> I just got around to watching this ... wow.
>
> Just when I think I have a grip on all the crazy **** that people do on
> a mountain bike ...

This is a couple of years old, but stuff that's possible on a bike:
http://www.etnies.com/extra/bmx/forward/ (click on view trailer)

On 2004-07-21, bomba penned:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:24:31 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>
>> I just got around to watching this ... wow.
>>
>> Just when I think I have a grip on all the crazy **** that people do
>> on a mountain bike ...

> This is a couple of years old, but stuff that's possible on a bike:
> http://www.etnies.com/extra/bmx/forward/ (click on view trailer)

Thanks, Bomba. Definitely amazing, although not as compelling to me as
the more mtb-y stuff.

(btw, it took only a little bit of effort to construct the direct link
to that vid and d/l it ... dunno if that's cheating or what.)