Carney wins somerville again!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Craig Callan, May 26, 2003.

  1. Craig Callan

    Craig Callan Guest

    A total of six victories, I understand.

    Tags:

  2. Joe Papp

    Joe Papp Guest

    [email protected] (Craig Callan) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > A total of six victories, I understand.

    five victories...

    1. carney (prime alliance)
    2. jeff hopkins (jittery joes)
    3. sebastian alexander (colavita)
    4. joe papp [me] (upmc)
    5. victor rapinski (saturn)
    6. marty nothstein (navs)
    7. oscar pineda (7up)
    8. juan jose haedo (colavita)
    9. dan schmatz (7up)
    10. jon wirsing (snow valley)

    big, big news of the day was nothstein's hooking and knocking down his teammate vassili davidenko in
    the sprint, opening the door for carney to win.

  3. Ronde Chump

    Ronde Chump Guest

    unfortunately it was Hopkins that knocked down Davidenko.....the only reason that Marty's name even
    came up was because Jonas the jackass said it on the podium. that IS surprising since Carney was 5
    bike lengths back at the time, and probably couldn't even see them. the only time he wins a race is
    when others make a mistake, he's no champ, he's a chump.

    Ronde Chump

  4. Jeff Potter

    Jeff Potter Guest

    Hey, congatulations on a great race, RBR Joe! : )

    --

    Jeff Potter
    ****

  5. "Ronde Chump" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > unfortunately it was Hopkins that knocked down Davidenko.....the only
    reason
    > that Marty's name even came up was because Jonas the jackass said it on
    the
    > podium. that IS surprising since Carney was 5 bike lengths back at the
    time,
    > and probably couldn't even see them. the only time he wins a race is
    when
    > others make a mistake

    Is that why he's won Sommerville 6 times?

    because others make a mistake?

  6. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    "Ronde Chump" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > unfortunately it was Hopkins that knocked down Davidenko.....the only
    reason
    > that Marty's name even came up was because Jonas the jackass said it on
    the
    > podium. that IS surprising since Carney was 5 bike lengths back at the
    time,
    > and probably couldn't even see them. the only time he wins a race is
    when
    > others make a mistake, he's no champ, he's a chump.
    >
    > Ronde Chump

    Jeez, he's just like you!

    Dashii

  7. [email protected] (Ronde Chump) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > unfortunately it was Hopkins that knocked down Davidenko.....the only reason that Marty's name
    > even came up was because Jonas the jackass said it on the podium. that IS surprising since Carney
    > was 5 bike lengths back at the time, and probably couldn't even see them. the only time he wins a
    > race is when others make a mistake, he's no champ, he's a chump.
    >
    > Ronde Chump

    Chump,

    Carney is no chump.

    RVD

  8. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...

    > "Ronde Chump" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > unfortunately it was Hopkins that knocked down Davidenko.....the
    only
    > > reason that Marty's name even came up was because Jonas the
    jackass
    > > said it on the podium. that IS surprising since Carney was 5 bike
    lengths
    > > back at the time, and probably couldn't even see them. the only
    time he
    > > wins a race is when others make a mistake, he's no champ, he's a
    chump.

    > Jeez, he's just like you!

    No, if Carney is that lucky it is a gift. The only win that Palachick would ever get is a private
    joke among the other racers.