carpet smoker's confessional

Hypnospin

Apr 10, 2005
thought you knew how to turn a wrench as well as the pedals? maybe built some bikes and rode 'em 'round a bit, seemingly working ok?

well, you got another thing comin'.

enter into the darkened confessional booth, sit down, my child. there, behind the screen, with both a faint suggestion and heavy breathing, along with a sprinkle of which i hope is holy water, is the self-ordained minister of mechanics...

i was damn certain the trim adjust on my ultegra 9 sti front derailer was dialed.
boy was i wrong. blessedly, boudreax kindly informed me this was nonsense.

sure was glad for the input, cause i'd been ridin' the thing set up this way for a couple few thou, blissfully unaware the perfect trim/sti operation was wroooong.

perhaps you too, can be relieved of your misconceptions, lest your sins become mortal.

seek ye absolution.

check in here and get your penance from st. reverent wrench himself.

if you are so devout...

Hypnospin said:
thought you knew how to turn a wrench as well as the pedals? maybe built some bikes and rode 'em 'round a bit, seemingly working ok?

well, you got another thing comin'.

enter into the darkened confessional booth, sit down, my child. there, behind the screen, with both a faint suggestion and heavy breathing, along with a sprinkle of which i hope is holy water, is the self-ordained minister of mechanics...

i was damn certain the trim adjust on my ultegra 9 sti front derailer was dialed.
boy was i wrong. blessedly, boudreax kindly informed me this was nonsense.

sure was glad for the input, cause i'd been ridin' the thing set up this way for a couple few thou, blissfully unaware the perfect trim/sti operation was wroooong.

perhaps you too, can be relieved of your misconceptions, lest your sins become mortal.

seek ye absolution.

check in here and get your penance from st. reverent wrench himself.

if you are so devout...
I sure hope you're not suckin' up to boudreaux! He knows alot, but he doesn't know everything, I've caught him out on several occasions. He's an asshole in my opinion.

shannons dad said:
I sure hope you're not suckin' up to boudreaux! He knows alot, but he doesn't know everything, I've caught him out on several occasions. He's an asshole in my opinion.
Now now! No need for a lovers quarrel! :p

Another boudreaux thread??? Jeez! You guys gotta find something better to do with your time...

meehs said:
Another boudreaux thread??? Jeez! You guys gotta find something better to do with your time...
You should've seen the one on bikeforums.net. The initial post was pretty funny. :p

congrats on your volume of posts, while on the subject of better to do wtih your time...

i have tried to go it alone without scanning for boudry's replies, i really did. these were the dark nights of the soul, i was adrift, as if lost at sea without sail.

meehs said:

Hypnospin said:
congrats on your volume of posts, while on the subject of better to do wtih your time...

i have tried to go it alone without scanning for boudry's replies, i really did. these were the dark nights of the soul, i was adrift, as if lost at sea without sail.

Yeah, ummm... Compare our profiles. You're averaging 2.21 posts per day and I'm averaging 1.93. I've been here a lot longer than you. Anyway... good luck with your "dark nights of the soul" and so forth. :rolleyes:

well, at this rate i may yet have a chance at reelin' you and your post enormity in if i stay on it.

meehs said:
Yeah, ummm... Compare our profiles. You're averaging 2.21 posts per day and I'm averaging 1.93. I've been here a lot longer than you. Anyway... good luck with your "dark nights of the soul" and so forth. :rolleyes:

Hypnospin said:
well, at this rate i may yet have a chance at reelin' you and your post enormity in if i stay on it.

Just pointing out that if you average it out, you spend more time posting here than I do. Afterall, you're the genius who made the insinuation that I'm the one with nothing to do with my time based on my volume of posts. See how that works? Maybe you ought to avoid math and stick with bad poetry.

my poetry is so bad, it can give the meek hearted among us nightmares.

meehs said:
Just pointing out that if you average it out, you spend more time posting here than I do. Afterall, you're the genius who made the insinuation that I'm the one with nothing to do with my time based on my volume of posts. See how that works? Maybe you ought to avoid math and stick with bad poetry.

Hypnospin said:
my poetry is so bad, it can give the meek hearted among us nightmares.

Well... I don't know if it's really that bad.

Mine would be worse. Think of a boring technical report being forced to rhyme...

i can relate, as i have done a smattering of technical documents of various sorts.

meehs, you are allright by me to respond on my comments as to relative posting, this was obviously kinda lame on my part.

now, what have we that boudry can shed his iconic light on, anyone?

meehs said:
Well... I don't know if it's really that bad.

Mine would be worse. Think of a boring technical report being forced to rhyme...

Hypnospin said:
i can relate, as i have done a smattering of technical documents of various sorts.

meehs, you are allright by me to respond on my comments as to relative posting, this was obviously kinda lame on my part.

now, what have we that boudry can shed his iconic light on, anyone?

It's cool Hypnospin. I was just giving you guys a little sh!t when I said "you need to find something better to do with your time" (or whatever). I didn't mean anything by it.

Every so often someone has a bone to pick with boudreaux and they'll start-up a thread about him. He has definitely been the topic of more threads than any other forum member (except for maybe Flyer). I think he actually takes a certain twisted pride in it.

Anyway Flyer (unfortunately IMO) got booted from the forum and to be honest I hope that the same thing doesn't happen to boudreaux. While they can definitely be a little offensive (for lack of a better word for it) at times, members like Flyer and boudreaux certainly keep things interesting around here. :D

did not follow flyer closely, doping scandal does not interest me as much as racing...
but boudry does posess the knowlege of the ages, and makes useful, if terse, contributions.

meehs said:
It's cool Hypnospin.
definitely be a little offensive (for lack of a better word for it) at times, members like Flyer and boudreaux certainly keep things interesting around here. :D