Carradice Rain Cape/Poncho

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Lenny Taylor, Feb 6, 2003.

  1. Lenny Taylor

    Lenny Taylor Guest

    I am considering the purchase of a Carradice Rain Cape and was wondering what experience people in
    the group have had with this product. Any user insights would be greatly appreciated.

    Tags:

  2. Lenny Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I am considering the purchase of a Carradice Rain Cape and was wondering what experience people in
    >the group have had with this product. Any user insights would be greatly appreciated.

    I have one. It keeps me dry without being overly hot and sweaty; it does make life somewhat more
    difficult into the wind, but not cripplingly so. It's also a very cheap option, and rolls up
    very small.

    The main difficulties; doesn't protect me from splash upwards (so mudguards and waterproof booties),
    and doesn't work well with bar-mounted lights (I have installed a zipper in mine).

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 07 Feb 2003 17:07:13 +0000 (GMT), David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>Carradice Rain Cape

    >I have one. It keeps me dry without being overly hot and sweaty; it does make life somewhat more
    >difficult into the wind, but not cripplingly so. It's also a very cheap option, and rolls up
    >very small.

    It's also an absolute hoot when it's snowing :)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  4. Paul Moss

    Paul Moss Guest

    Lenny Taylor <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am considering the purchase of a Carradice Rain Cape and was wondering what experience people in
    > the group have had with this product. Any user insights would be greatly appreciated.

    I drink from the puddle that collects in the cape just behind the handlbars. Good for filling the
    waterbottle too. On a more serious note they are light and can be strapped to the bike for a rainy
    day. My jacket is showerproof and the cape only used when it really p****s down. Paul

  5. Mike Sales

    Mike Sales Guest

    Lenny Taylor wrote
    > I am considering the purchase of a Carradice Rain Cape and was wondering
    > > what experience people in the group have had with this product. Any
    user
    > > insights would be greatly appreciated.
    I use one of their waxed cotton capes. This enables me to infiltrate Countryside Alliance meetings
    and say "Get of moy land" with conviction. Good points. Used with their knee length spats it keeps
    me dry without condensing sweat. Its like riding in a mobile tent! I have a feeling of being inside,
    looking out. Mine does not obscure my seat post light, or my fork crown headlamp. Excellent, except
    Bad point. It takes more managing and can be a bit of a handful in strong winds. I don't use it on
    club runs, when I don't mind getting wet and sweaty, but for more civilised trips when I want to
    arrive dry. Mike Sales.

  6. Andy Key

    Andy Key Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, Lenny Taylor <[email protected]> writes
    >I am considering the purchase of a Carradice Rain Cape and was wondering what experience people in
    >the group have had with this product. Any user insights would be greatly appreciated.

    Nasty thing. A death trap in fluorescent yellow. You can have mine cheap if you like - only worn a
    few times 'cos it was too scary in high winds and traffic.
    --

  7. Lenny Taylor

    Lenny Taylor Guest

    How much do you want for it? I am interested.

    Thanks in advance.

    Lenny

    "Andy Key" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...
    > In message <[email protected]>, Lenny Taylor <[email protected]> writes
    > >I am considering the purchase of a Carradice Rain Cape and was wondering what experience people
    > >in the group have had with this product. Any user insights would be greatly appreciated.
    > >

    > Nasty thing. A death trap in fluorescent yellow. You can have mine cheap if you like - only worn a
    > few times 'cos it was too scary in high winds and traffic.
    > --

  8. Howard

    Howard Guest

    > I am considering the purchase of a Carradice Rain Cape and was wondering what experience people in
    > the group have had with this product. Any user insights would be greatly appreciated.

    Hi there,

    Have you seen this product?

    http://www.jancho.de/eng_index.htm

    Has anyone out there bought one of these? They look pretty practical for the utility rider.

    Regards,

    Howard.