Carrera Fury, Specialized Hardrock Pro Disc or Cube Attention?

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by MrBThatsMe, Mar 18, 2010.

1. MrBThatsMe

MrBThatsMe New Member

Hi, I've been researching various hardtails for the past few days and I hope to make a purchase in the next 2 weeks or so. I need a bike that will be suitable for me as a beginner. I'll be using it for some leisurely XC stuff around the Lake District and also intend to get up into some forests for some more exciting rides. I have a budget of about £600 and so far have found the Carerra Fury 2009 and Specialized Hardrock Pro Disc 2010 both costing £550, to be the best wthin my price range. I have yet to test ride the bikes but from a spec point of view, I think they're pretty good - although I have very limited knowledge of bikes/parts etc, but the internet has helped me :) Check the links at the end of this post for specs of each bike.

One other bike that a few people have recently thrown into the mix is the Cube Attention 2010. This one costs £600 but from looking at the spec, I really can't figure out if it's worth the extra £50.. could someone please help me with this? I like the looks, but I'd prefer to buy primarily because of spec and value for money as opposed to the appearance.

It may be possible to up my budget but right now I think £600 is a good place to stop seeing as I'm new to this.

Thanks!

Links:
    Carrera Fury 20" Mountain Bike 09 from Halfords Was £599.99 Save £50.00 Price £549.99
    Evans Cycles | Specialized Hardrock Pro Disc 2010 Mountain Bike | Online Bike Shop
    Cube Attention Hardtail Bike 2010 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

Tags: