Carrie Tollefson article

Parker Race

Guest
There's an article about Carrie Tollefson's struggle with Plantar Fascitiis
in the Running Times that just came out.
It sounded eerily familiar to me, it confirmed that I'm doing the right
thing by stopping all running for now.

There's also a statement that she felt that Shockwave treatment
was a major factor in her recovery.
I'll definitely consider it more seriously now.

Parker

"Parker Race" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> There's also a statement that she felt that Shockwave treatment
> was a major factor in her recovery.
> I'll definitely consider it more seriously now.

My foot vet has it in his office which means he has bought into the
treatment. He said he will send me some stuff on it. I'd like to when in
the process of trying to healing PF he opts for SWT, early on or only as
a last resort.

-Doug

>My foot vet

I guess you need a vet, when you spend so much time on all fours....

Parker Race wrote:
> There's an article about Carrie Tollefson's struggle with Plantar Fascitiis
> in the Running Times that just came out.
> It sounded eerily familiar to me, it confirmed that I'm doing the right
> thing by stopping all running for now.
>
> There's also a statement that she felt that Shockwave treatment
> was a major factor in her recovery.
> I'll definitely consider it more seriously now.
>
> Parker

Meant to send this comment earlier, when it came up on another group,
but someone there is no longer suffering chronic pain (4 yrs worth) and
is running again. Apparently it's not suggested until 6 months of
conservative, conventional treatments for PF. Comments from others were
more vague.

Dot

--
The goal is training and adaptation, not destruction and injury.
- John Hardy

"Doug Freese" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Parker Race" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > There's also a statement that she felt that Shockwave treatment
> > was a major factor in her recovery.
> > I'll definitely consider it more seriously now.

> My foot vet has it in his office which means he has bought into the
> treatment. He said he will send me some stuff on it. I'd like to when in
> the process of trying to healing PF he opts for SWT, early on or only as
> a last resort.
>
> -Doug

I also talked to someone locally who had it done in NYC when it wasn't
available here. He said he was back running three weeks after without pain.
I would think I qualify as last resort status though I'm sure my Insurance
company may not agree. Who is your podiatrist? I don't knos anything about
the person that is offering it locally, whether they run etc.

Did the article say anything about not whining to strangers about silly
personal problems.............. like joggers with sore feet?