carrots

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Kate ......, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Kate ......

    Kate ...... Guest

    Glad to hear you all talking about the taste of carrots. I love those little bitty ones. But have
    bought two bags at Wal Mart of late and had to throw them out. I wondered if my taster had retired.
    ..... Hugs, kate

    Tags:

  2. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    "Kate ......" wrote:

    > Glad to hear you all talking about the taste of carrots. I love those little bitty ones. But have
    > bought two bags at Wal Mart of late and had to throw them out. I wondered if my taster had
    > retired. ..... Hugs, kate

    Maybe the supplier?

  3. Peter Aitken

    Peter Aitken Guest

    "Dave Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Kate ......" wrote:
    >
    > > Glad to hear you all talking about the taste of carrots. I love those little bitty ones. But
    > > have bought two bags at Wal Mart of late and had to throw them out. I wondered if my taster had
    > > retired. ..... Hugs, kate
    >
    > Maybe the supplier?

    Groceries can get away with selling bad food because most people do just this - throw it out. Save
    the receipt and take it back for a refund.

    --
    Peter Aitken

  4. Katra

    Katra Guest

    "Kate ......" wrote:

    > Glad to hear you all talking about the taste of carrots. I love those little bitty ones. But have
    > bought two bags at Wal Mart of late and had to throw them out. I wondered if my taster had
    > retired. ..... Hugs, kate

    Ok, so grow some of your own..... :)

    K.

    --
    >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

    "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
    cats" -- Asimov

    Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-
    cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=katra

  5. Kate ......

    Kate ...... Guest

    Peter Aitken wrote:

    > "Dave Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > "Kate ......" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Glad to hear you all talking about the taste of carrots. I love those little bitty ones. But
    > > > have bought two bags at Wal Mart of late and had to throw them out. I wondered if my taster
    > > > had retired. ..... Hugs, kate
    > >
    > > Maybe the supplier?
    > >

    > Groceries can get away with selling bad food because most people do just this - throw it out. Save
    > the receipt and take it back for a refund.
    >
    > --
    > Peter Aitken
    >
    > Remove the crap from my email address before using.

    I know you are right. But just such a hassle , for such a little bit of money I don't like to fool
    with it. And thats bad too. Because they will just keep doing the same thing if we don't refuse to
    except it. I've been told, the way the restaurants get such good tasting wee carrots is they chill
    them in sugar water. Anyone know if this is true? Hugs .... kate