Carrying Tools

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Andy P, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. Andy P

    Andy P Guest

    For 99p in Woolworths the other day I found a plastic Tupperware type pot that fits snugly in my
    bottle cage and is just the right size for carrying a spare tube, tyre levers, 5mm allen key, chain
    tool and puncture repair kit. Bargain.

    Tags:

  2. Davep

    Davep Guest

    Andy P wrote:

    > For 99p in Woolworths the other day I found a plastic Tupperware type pot that fits snugly in my
    > bottle cage and is just the right size for carrying a spare tube, tyre levers, 5mm allen key,
    > chain tool and puncture repair kit. Bargain.

    thx Andy, I'll get one. My youngest has been asking me to hand back his cylindrical pencil case ever
    since I borrowed
    it. It too carries pump, tube, repair kit, levers, allen keys etc.

    btw, it means my seatbag can be smaller. It holds wallet, sharp organiser, mini diary, work ID card
    and pager. Waterproof/overshoes and mobile phone go in jersey pockets.

    I now only take the Deuter backpack on Monday/Friday for shirts and undies.

    davep

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Andy P wrote:
    > For 99p in Woolworths the other day I found a plastic Tupperware type pot that fits snugly in my
    > bottle cage and is just the right size for carrying a spare tube, tyre levers, 5mm allen key,
    > chain tool and puncture repair kit. Bargain.

    Thanks for the tip. What shape and size is it - compared to a normal 500ml bottle?

    ~PB

  4. Andy P

    Andy P Guest

    "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote

    > Thanks for the tip. What shape and size is it - compared to a normal 500ml bottle?

    It says 0.4 litres on the bottom, pretty much same diameter (obviously, otherwise it wouldn't fit),
    bit shorter with wide top so as you can get things in and out easily enough. I expect they make them
    long enough to fit a mini pump in as well but not in the shop I went in at the time.

  5. zebra

    zebra Guest

    Good idea! For inside bags can recommend WHSmith's clear plastic zip pencil cases at 99p. Remarkably
    useful for spotting which tool you want. And as minimalist toiletry bags, picnic utensils, batteries
    and bits cases when on tour.