Carrying Trailercycle on car roof?

David Hughes

Guest
Can anybody help, please? I'm considering buying a trailercycle for my daughter, but would need to
be able to carry it on my car's roof. Is there any way of carrying it safely? I live in the UK, so
any advice on products available here would be really appreciated.

Many thanks! David Hughes

See

www.roofbox.co.uk

& put a post on uk.rec.cycling which is a UK based newsgroup and I'm sure the people over there will
assist if they can.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

I used a Yakima Lockjaw in conjunction with a couple of straps for a 2500 mile trip with no
problems. I secured the wheel with the wheelstrap, put the lockjaw on the downtube, and ran nylon
straps from the handlebars to the cross bars on the roof rack.

Frank Hetterscheidt David Hughes <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can anybody help, please? I'm considering buying a trailercycle for my daughter, but would need to
> be able to carry it on my car's roof. Is there any way of carrying it safely? I live in the UK, so
> any advice on products available here would be really appreciated.
>
> Many thanks! David Hughes

Thanks!! "Frank Hetterscheidt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I used a Yakima Lockjaw in conjunction with a couple of straps for a 2500 mile trip with no
> problems. I secured the wheel with the wheelstrap, put the lockjaw on the downtube, and ran nylon
> straps from the handlebars to
the
> cross bars on the roof rack.
>
> Frank Hetterscheidt David Hughes <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Can anybody help, please? I'm considering buying a trailercycle for my daughter, but would need
> > to be able to carry it on my car's roof. Is
there
> > any way of carrying it safely? I live in the UK, so any advice on
products
> > available here would be really appreciated.
> >
> > Many thanks! David Hughes

Thanks!!

David