Cars Passing You.

I was once riding in a car with my ex girlfriend at a drive thru when a drunk lady decided to ram into our car two times on purpose because she thought we were taking too long. She ended up speeding off and parking across the street at an apartment complex. We called the police but did they do anything? Nope. We were okay since she wasn't going very fast, but one would think attempted vehicular homicide would be worth their time especially since it was obvious she was across the street since you could see her busted up car in the parking lot.

Definitely not saying you shouldn't try but the police here don't really care about most crimes unless you're a rich person.

I hate those kind of drivers! Its like they don't want to share the road since they are hogging the entire width of the road which can get anoyying really quick. I swear if a mirror clips me I will report them

Depends on whether the cops are anti bike.
From viewing this forum I have learned that their exists a bias against bikes.
Where I am (Ontario, Canada) what happened to you is illegal and the police *should* do something about it.
Reality of it is that the cops don't really care about bikes and riders rights.

I frequently ride on my lunch break. A few weeks ago heading up a steep hill, every car is going around and giving me space. This a-hole goes by with his mirror within a foot of my shoulder, when I throw my hand up to say what the heck. He pulls over and tells me to ×uck off. I shout at him that he needs to share the road, it's the law. He tells me again to go xuck myself. I take off and he pulls out and cuts me off and tells me again how much he likes me. I'm a bit ****** now. With him being in this truck I felt threatened. I had an idea where he was headed, the road only has 2 options from that point. So once on base I got in my truck and went looking for him. When I found him at the Commissary. I explained if it were his kid he would make sure people gave them space. Now that we were on equal terms he was much more friendly, but didn't want to hear it. He started to push is way by me. I asked him he needs to watch out for riders, what if he has to swerve or we need to? DOUCHE BAG! I have a picture of his truck with plate I posted on FB.

The cops most likely wouldn't do anything. Think about it this way, how many times has an idiot almost smashed into while you were driving? If the cops dealt with every close call between 2 drivers, the rapist and killers would have nothing to worried about. Ive had many close calls as a driver,jogger and one very real incident. Hit by a car as a pedestrian 5 years ago and had my arm snapped clean in half. I'm fully recovered now, but besides the broken arm, I messed up a few teeth and scars all over my face. The skin under my chin was bruised and hurt like hell for 5 months afterwards(arm healed up in 3 after surgery). It sucks, but no one cares about "almost".

Catsyo said:
I was once riding in a car with my ex girlfriend at a drive thru when a drunk lady decided to ram into our car two times on purpose because she thought we were taking too long. She ended up speeding off and parking across the street at an apartment complex. We called the police but did they do anything? Nope. We were okay since she wasn't going very fast, but one would think attempted vehicular homicide would be worth their time especially since it was obvious she was across the street since you could see her busted up car in the parking lot.

Definitely not saying you shouldn't try but the police here don't really care about most crimes unless you're a rich person.
I'm not sure where you are, but here that lady would 100% be arrested for that. That is insane that they did nothing! I would be filing a complaint and starting an insurance claim if I were you.
Actually here in Ontario Canada it's yours and hers legal responsibility to report this accident to the police and wait for their arrival. She would also be guilty of leaving the scene of an accident.

BikeBikeBikeBike said:
I'm not sure where you are, but here that lady would 100% be arrested for that. That is insane that they did nothing! I would be filing a complaint and starting an insurance claim if I were you.
Actually here in Ontario Canada it's yours and hers legal responsibility to report this accident to the police and wait for their arrival. She would also be guilty of leaving the scene of an accident.
I agree with everything you said except the accident part.If it was done several times on purpose..

I say report it. People get killed in situations like that. A bike is a vehicle too and if someone grazed you while you were in a car you would be safer. It would be enough to report. You might not be so lucky next time and you could save someone else's life. They could of been drunk or a space cadet.

In my country, cars don't like cyclists at all, and we tend to get beeped at quite a lot when we're trying to ride on the road. I have always thought that it was quite a shame, because we aren't contributing to pollution. The advice that I would give is that you should wear bright clothing so that you can be seen, always make sure that you signal your intentions clearly, and practice riding as close to the edge of the road as possible, so that if a big vehicle comes along you will be able to move over without stress taking over and causing you to lose balance. Car drivers will never understand what it is like to be a cyclist, so we just have to make sure that we look after ourselves more.

I've had experiences similar to yours. Too many people are driving large motor vehicles such as SUV's, which they seldom know how to handle and drive properly. It's a situation that makes me livid, but I know that the police will seldom investigate further. It's also a situation that's hard to prove, unless you've recorded the incident on your phone.