cartridges for Cantilever and V-brakes

barkerben

Guest
Ho - I have a Dawes Horizon with Oryx Tektro cantilever brakes. For a
long time i have used cartridge pads as they are more convenient. I
just got some new pads, and saw they were marked specifically as for V-
brakes - they look identical to my normal pads...is there a
difference? The LBS thought not, but wasn't sure why the distinction
was made

Cheers,

Ben

"barkerben" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Ho - I have a Dawes Horizon with Oryx Tektro cantilever brakes. For a
> long time i have used cartridge pads as they are more convenient. I
> just got some new pads, and saw they were marked specifically as for V-
> brakes - they look identical to my normal pads...is there a
> difference? The LBS thought not, but wasn't sure why the distinction
> was made
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben

I don't think so, I just think that the manufacturers aren't bothering to
mention cantis on their blub as they are relatively less common now. All the
replacement pads I have fitted to my Horizon have been marked v-brakes.

Jim J