Cary, NC - Team Hibernian Block Party at Hibernian Restaurant, August 26

wineandkeyz

Sep 30, 2003
For riders in the Triangle area of North Carolina, just wanted to let y'all know about this:

On Saturday, August 26, the Hibernian Restaurant & Pub in Cary will be hosting the "Team Hibernian Block Party," a benefit to support the National MS Society. The Hibernian, located at 1144 Kildaire Farm Road, is sponsoring "Team Hibernian," who will be riding in this year's MS 150 Bike Tour in New Bern.

The block party, which will run from 7-11 PM, will feature the local band, Spoonful of Soul (www.spoonfulofsoul.com).

Team Hibernian will have a booth at the block party to sign up riders for the team. Sign up with a pledge to raise $500, and receive a FREE TEAM HIBERNIAN CYCLING JERSEY! So if you're not already on a team for this year's MS 150, here's your chance to get involved and get a cool jersey out of the deal!

For more information on this event, go to http://www.spoonfulofsoul.com/BlockParty.pdf

For more information on the MS 150 Bike Tour, go to http://www.nationalmssociety.org/NCT/event/event_detail.asp?

I am in the area, but I am already signed up on Team GSK :). I will see you in New Bern.

Unfortunately, that is the same day as the Team GSK "Dog Days of Summer" ride in Carrboro: http://team.gsk.com/images/event.pdf :rolleyes:. I should be at that event, but there is even a better chance that I will be out-of-town meeting my new grandchild that weekend:D

RickF said:
Unfortunately, that is the same day as the Team GSK "Dog Days of Summer" ride in Carrboro: http://team.gsk.com/images/event.pdf :rolleyes:. I should be at that event, but there is even a better chance that I will be out-of-town meeting my new grandchild that weekend:D

Wow! Congratulations in advance on the new grandchild!

Okay then, I'll see you at the MS 150 in September. I'll be the one wearing a bike helmet! ;)

Another NC rider here. Planning on riding the MS150 in New Bern as well. Not a member of a team but thinking about it. I've already raised over $2K. Would that count toward the $500 pledge?

Planning on doing centuries both days. I ride with a group here, two of which are riding the MS150 as well. Not sure yet if they'll commit to the centuries. One is already a member of the Cycling Spoken Here team.

See ya'll there! I'll be the one with the bike. :p

strings&gears said:
Another NC rider here. Planning on riding the MS150 in New Bern as well. Not a member of a team but thinking about it. I've already raised over $2K. Would that count toward the $500 pledge?

Planning on doing centuries both days. I ride with a group here, two of which are riding the MS150 as well. Not sure yet if they'll commit to the centuries. One is already a member of the Cycling Spoken Here team.

Wow! You've already raised over $2K? I'm embarrassed to say how much I've raised... I don't know how that would work as far as counting towards the $500 pledge... PM me, and I'll forward your email address, etc., to the team captain and she can check it out for you.

Did I mention the FREE TEAM HIBERNIAN CYCLING JERSEY if you sign up for the team and pledge to raise $500?

I think Ive seen Spoonful of Soul before, and recall that they were quite good. If I can get back into town in time, I might have to try and make it to that.

cucamelsmd15 said:
I think Ive seen Spoonful of Soul before, and recall that they were quite good. If I can get back into town in time, I might have to try and make it to that.
I hope you'll come out to the Hibernian. If you can make it, introduce yourself to the band!

strings&gears said:

strings&gears, I've emailed our team captain with your questions. I'll let you know something as soon as I hear from her.

The Team Hibernian Block Party is next Saturday, August 26. Hope to see you there!

As I mentioned, if you're not already on a team for the MS 150, sign up with Team Hibernian with a pledge of $500, and receive a free Team Hibernian jersey. I just got mine the other day, and it looks awesome! All of the current team members will be wearing our jerseys at the block party.

:eek: One last bump...

The block party is this Saturday, August 26. Hope to see many of you at the Hibernian Restaurant & Pub in Cary -- 1144 Kildaire Farm Road.