Cascade

johnnyspt

Jul 18, 2007
I saw people getting IV's at the top of the mount bachelor climb at cascade cycling classic!

Yeah- its been seriously HOT around here, where I live its cooled off the past couple of days, but in the eastern portions of Washington and Oregon they've been having heat warnings for a few weeks.....

yes, but cyclingnews reported that it was illegal even at the tour now. besides having guys hanging out with a needle in their arms 5o meters away from the finish line announcer stage isnt very cool

Powerful Pete said:
Dehydration? :p

johnnyspt said:
yes, but cyclingnews reported that it was illegal even at the tour now. besides having guys hanging out with a needle in their arms 5o meters away from the finish line announcer stage isnt very cool
Not very cool to have convulsions from heat stroke either though...... Were they at least being seen to by paramedics? I wasn't there so I don't know what the conditions were like, but I did do a race a couple of weeks ago in eastern Oregon. People reported temps up to 106! and it was seriously dry. The organizers did their best to keep everyone hydrated (the race was 80 miles btw), but lots of people couldn't finish because of dehydration and cramping (I finished but I experienced my share of chills and shakes!) - and this was an amateur race! I can't even imagine how hard the people doing the Cascade Classic were pushing it.

eya, maybe youre right..guess i just wish they were behind closed doors i guess

Eden said:
Not very cool to have convulsions from heat stroke either though...... Were they at least being seen to by paramedics? I wasn't there so I don't know what the conditions were like, but I did do a race a couple of weeks ago in eastern Oregon. People reported temps up to 106! and it was seriously dry. The organizers did their best to keep everyone hydrated (the race was 80 miles btw), but lots of people couldn't finish because of dehydration and cramping (I finished but I experienced my share of chills and shakes!) - and this was an amateur race! I can't even imagine how hard the people doing the Cascade Classic were pushing it.

Maybe they figured that it was better to do it out in the open - if everyone could see in the first place, then its less likely the rumors would start to fly. What do you suppose would have happend if they'd done the same thing behind closed doors and someone had caught a glimpse....