Cash heist!

Vo2

Aug 11, 2001
The wife and I had some stuff to do in town on Saturday morning. On our way there, we came across what seemed to be an accident, so we slowed down. There were no police vehicles or anything around, only a few people whom we assumed to be assisting the driver and occupants of an overturned van. Someone jump up onto the side of the van and appered to be opening the door. Suddenly we heard a gunshot, and then all hell broke lose! A barage of automatic gunfire errupted with people scattering and taking cover. We found ourselves virtually a few hundred meters away from what I can only assume was a cash heist. I screamed at my wife to keep her head down as I took off and sped away. Even out of sight, we could hear the automatic gunfire continuing.

Are we talking South Africa ???
I once talked to a person that was born in SA and she said that the kinda stuff you mentioned about shootings happens a lot,very dangerous especialy if you're "white",thay seem to have an "Open season" on europeans (her words)....there goes turism....She was of a dutch descent and that kinda explains it...anyway she said she felt so nice and safe here in Canada.We get stuff like that too but they are very rare and guns here are very hard to come by.
Stay safe

Vo2:

Gunfire??? Sounds like me riding through Santa Ana!!! AK's, 9's, torched getaway cars, assaults, etc. I've seen a lot over the years. There's about 5 miles I have to ride through full of gang-infested neighborhoods in order to hit the ocean.

I've had several encounters of varying magnitude over the years, but I've been lucky, always coming out on top.

Before every ride I wonder if something bad will happen, like getting in a fistfight, getting mauled by pit bulls, or getting shot. It might sound kind of crazy, but I enjoy the excitement.

I feel your pain bro, although I think you have it a lot worse than me. Keep your head down and keep moving!!!

Originally posted by Banatean
Are we talking South Africa ???
I once talked to a person that was born in SA and she said that the kinda stuff you mentioned about shootings happens a lot,very dangerous especialy if you're "white",thay seem to have an "Open season" on europeans (her words)....there goes turism....She was of a dutch descent and that kinda explains it...anyway she said she felt so nice and safe here in Canada.We get stuff like that too but they are very rare and guns here are very hard to come by.
Stay safe

So how does half the country go moose/deer/bear/goose hunting? With a frickin' slingshot?