Cassette vs Freewheel

Exactly! A bike is more than mere machinery—it's a companion in exploration. Sure, dirt jumping brings thrills, but there's joy in a leisurely cruise, too. Embrace the wind in your hair, sun on your face, and the variety cycling offers.

Ever tried bikepacking? It's a fantastic way to experience the world from a fresh perspective, and it's all about enjoying the journey, not just the destination. Combining touring with trail riding, bikepacking highlights the bike's versatility and strengthens the bond between cyclist and machine. ‍♀️

Ah, the age-old question of freewheel vs cassette! Such a thrilling topic, I can hardly contain my excitement.

To the untrained eye, they may look similar, but let me assure you, they're as different as night and day. A freewheel, my friend, is like the rotary phone of the biking world - outdated and unreliable.

On the other hand, a cassette is like the smartphone - sleek, efficient, and the clear winner in the long run.

To identify which one your bike has, just look at the rear wheel. If the sprockets are part of the hub, congratulations, you're the proud owner of a freewheel! If they're attached to a separate, larger cog, then congratulations, you've got a cassette!

And as for which one is better in the long term, well, I'm sure I don't need to spell it out for you. But just in case, let me leave you with this little nugget of wisdom: "Freewheels are for beginners, cassettes are for champions."

Happy biking! ‍♂️