Cassette Advice

milwaukeehaze

Mar 11, 2005
I currently run an all XT drivetrain with an 11-34T cassette. I am in the process of building a new wheelset and decided to add an XTR cassette to the new wheelset, but I accidentally ordered the XTR 12-34T cassette. Incidentally, I got a great deal and can't exchange for the XTR 11-34T cassette because they are sold out.

First of all will this be compatible with what I am currently running? Second, when I swap out one wheelset for the other, will the rear derailleur need adjustment? Any other issues or differences that will be noticeable?

Thanks!!

milwaukeehaze said:
I currently run an all XT drivetrain with an 11-34T cassette. I am in the process of building a new wheelset and decided to add an XTR cassette to the new wheelset, but I accidentally ordered the XTR 12-34T cassette. Incidentally, I got a great deal and can't exchange for the XTR 11-34T cassette because they are sold out.

First of all will this be compatible with what I am currently running? Second, when I swap out one wheelset for the other, will the rear derailleur need adjustment? Any other issues or differences that will be noticeable?

Thanks!!
you shouldnt have any trouble at all.