Home Cycling Equipment cassette compatibility shimano campy
Thread details
What we know about this thread
Original section Cycling Equipment
Published 25 January 2006
Last activity 26 January 2006
Original author Email address hidden
Posts 3
Discussion status Public discussion
Total views 374
Views / 30 days 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Showing posts 1–3 of 3 Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Original post Email address hidden
Archived post
25 January 2006, 13:36 UTC
#1
I have campy veloce 9 speed bike. Can I put a shimano compatible 9 speed wheel/cassette? How well would it shift. Could I use the spacers from the campy cassette in the shimano cassette? Would a shimano casseette fit in a campy 9 speed hub?
Thanks,
Andres
Qui si parla Campagnolo
Archived post
25 January 2006, 13:44 UTC
#2
Quoted message said: I have campy veloce 9 speed bike. Can I put a shimano compatible 9 speed wheel/cassette?
Yes How well would it shift. Fine, use a shimano 9s chain, but the Campag will work also. Could I use the spacers
Quoted message said: from the campy cassette in the shimano cassette?
No need. Would a shimano
Quoted message said: casseette fit in a campy 9 speed hub?
No.
Quoted message said: Thanks,
Andres
26 January 2006, 00:29 UTC
#3
Quoted message said: I have campy veloce 9 speed bike. Can I put a shimano compatible 9 speed wheel/cassette? How well would it shift.
Yes and it works fine. My tandem uses that configuration.
Quoted message said: Could I use the spacers
No, they are 2.8 mm thick and you won't get all the cogs onto the hub.
Quoted message said: from the campy cassette in the shimano cassette? Would a shimano casseette fit in a campy 9 speed hub?
No, the splines are different and the cassette too narrow.
Quoted message said: Thanks,
Andres
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users
·
0 guests
· 0 bots
· 0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.