Cassette question ?

carllwyman

Apr 27, 2018
hi guys does anyone know or have any opinion about the difference between a shimano CS-HG500 or the sram PG - 1070 both are 10 speed 11-32 ? ( I'm just looking to change my existing 11-28 shimano cassette to a 11-32 for climbing ) ok thx

I'm no expert on cassettes, but I changed one on a new fat bike I had just bought. I favor the Shimano Hyperglide which is why I changed the original one. I've also changed them for the larger low gear sprockets, and they worked well.

I thought that Shimano made a XT 11-32 cassette? Anyway I would go with Shimano. After spending some time on the internet there appears to be some (meaning not wide spread) issues with Sram feed ramps bending in the newer cassettes, prior to their newer version the ramps would simply break! So while Sram has fixed the breaking issue they are still bending which is unacceptable for long term happiness regardless of not being wide spread, I have no idea why some of them are breaking or bending, of course anyone complaining of such problems probably don't why either. I couldn't find any issues with the Shimano cassettes.