Cassette/XT rear der also Hanger problem

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Maurice, May 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maurice

Maurice Guest

Thanks for the help in deciding to install larger rear cogset (11-32) and XT rear der. Finished job
    this weekend and had one ride so far. Here is the problem - when shifting gears (low to high) the
    chain seems to really jerk from one gear tothe next. The shifts happen quickly but there still seem
    to be a jerking of the chain. Is this due to the gear spacing or the rear der? Any suggestions for
    improving shifting. FYI - New chain, length determined by large ring large cassette plus one link

Another problem I am having is relationship of skewer and rear der. The non-QR side of the skewer
    sit on the rear der bolt. It is virtually impossible to remove the rear wheel without completely
    removing the skewer from the wheel. the bike is a '00 Specialized Allez - whatever the base model
    was that year. Had the same problem with the stock tiagra rear der. It this poor design by
    Specialized or do I need to replace the rear der hanger and/or non QR side of the skewer.

Again, all suggestions appreciated. email directly and post.

maurice [email protected]

Tags:

2. Maurice

Maurice Guest

See below

[email protected] (Maurice) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thanks for the help in deciding to install larger rear cogset (11-32) and XT rear der. Finished
    > job this weekend and had one ride so far. Here is the problem - when shifting gears (low to high)
    > the chain seems to really jerk from one gear tothe next. The shifts happen quickly but there still
    > seem to be a jerking of the chain. Is this due to the gear spacing or the rear der? Any
    > suggestions for improving shifting. FYI - New chain, length determined by large ring large
    > cassette plus one link
    >
    > Another problem I am having is relationship of skewer and rear der. The non-QR side of the skewer
    > sit on the rear der bolt. It is virtually impossible to remove the rear wheel without completely
    > removing the skewer from the wheel. the bike is a '00 Specialized Allez - whatever the base model
    > was that year. Had the same problem with the stock tiagra rear der. It this poor design by
    > Specialized or do I need to replace the rear der hanger and/or non QR side of the skewer.
    >
    > Again, all suggestions appreciated. email directly and post.
    >
    > maurice [email protected]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.