Cassette/XT rear der also Hanger problem

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Maurice, May 6, 2003.

  1. Maurice

    Maurice Guest

    Thanks for the help in deciding to install larger rear cogset (11-32) and XT rear der. Finished job
    this weekend and had one ride so far. Here is the problem - when shifting gears (low to high) the
    chain seems to really jerk from one gear tothe next. The shifts happen quickly but there still seem
    to be a jerking of the chain. Is this due to the gear spacing or the rear der? Any suggestions for
    improving shifting. FYI - New chain, length determined by large ring large cassette plus one link

    Another problem I am having is relationship of skewer and rear der. The non-QR side of the skewer
    sit on the rear der bolt. It is virtually impossible to remove the rear wheel without completely
    removing the skewer from the wheel. the bike is a '00 Specialized Allez - whatever the base model
    was that year. Had the same problem with the stock tiagra rear der. It this poor design by
    Specialized or do I need to replace the rear der hanger and/or non QR side of the skewer.

    Again, all suggestions appreciated. email directly and post.

    maurice [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Maurice

    Maurice Guest