Cassettes or CD'S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roseofsharon

Hi, My cassette player that I use on almost all my rides is worn out. Should I replace it with
another cassette player or with a CD player? does anyone have experience with a cd player they
especially like? Thanks Sharon

Listening to music while riding is suicide, and illegal in most states.

Now if your riding a trainer I recommend a CD Player, even the cheap ones these days don't skip.

"roseofsharon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, My cassette player that I use on almost all my rides is worn out. Should I replace it with
> another cassette player or with a CD player? does anyone have experience with a cd player they
> especially like? Thanks Sharon

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (roseofsharon) writes:
> Hi, My cassette player that I use on almost all my rides is worn out. Should I replace it with
> another cassette player or with a CD player?

Clean the tape guides with isopropyl-alcohol-charged Q-tips, and give 'em a couple o' swipes with a
demagnetizing wand. Take care not to scrub grit into the tape heads. I bet with a little TLC, your
tape player would be good as new.

Tape players don't wear out, as much as they build-up a bunch of [removable] crud.

And portable tape players aren't as wont to skip as portable CD players.

If you feel like it, have a listen, for me, to "Swamp Thing", by the Chameleons (UK) on their
"Strange Times" album. (I once had a bike I dubbed "Swamp Thing".)

I wish I could toss ya ('n everybody else) some jim-dandy tapes. But, unlike certain recumbent
advocates, I'll leave yez all up to yer own devices, choices, and preferences -- and respect 'em.

cheers, Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD Above address is just a spam midden. I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn
[point] bc [point] ca

"roseofsharon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> another cassette player or with a CD player? does anyone have experience with a cd player they
> especially like? Thanks Sharon

I have a TDK Mojo CD/MP3 player, with an *8 minute* skip protection (when playing mp3's). The disc
is actually not spinning quite often during normal play, and instead just reads out of the bffer.

Skip? what's that?

Pete

"Mike Hilb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<_SFua.35053$A%[email protected]>...

> Listening to music while riding is suicide, and illegal in most states.
>

And what do you have against Darwin?

( :) if it's really necessary)

> Now if your riding a trainer I recommend a CD Player, even the cheap ones these days don't skip.
>
> "roseofsharon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi, My cassette player that I use on almost all my rides is worn out. Should I replace it with
> > another cassette player or with a CD player? does anyone have experience with a cd player they
> > especially like? Thanks Sharon

In article <_SFua.35053$A%[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

>Listening to music while riding is suicide, and illegal in most states.

No, wearing headphones is illegal. You can listen to music, just not through headphones.
-----------------
Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

Actually, I recommend using glass cleaner (ammonia based) on the pinch roller and capstan. If you
clean the pinch roller (little rubber thingy that looks like a miniature race car tire) often enough
the alcohol can dry out the rubber. Windex works great but I would still use alcohol on the guides
and heads.

markgo "Tom Keats" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
> (roseofsharon) writes:
> > Hi, My cassette player that I use on almost all my rides is worn out. Should I replace it with
> > another cassette player or with a CD player?
>
> Clean the tape guides with isopropyl-alcohol-charged Q-tips, and give 'em a couple o' swipes with
> a demagnetizing wand. Take care not to scrub grit into the tape heads. I bet with a little TLC,
> your tape player would be good as new.
>
> Tape players don't wear out, as much as they build-up a bunch of [removable] crud.
>
> And portable tape players aren't as wont to skip as portable CD players.
>
> If you feel like it, have a listen, for me, to "Swamp Thing", by the Chameleons (UK) on their
> "Strange Times" album. (I once had a bike I dubbed "Swamp Thing".)
>
> I wish I could toss ya ('n everybody else) some jim-dandy tapes. But, unlike certain recumbent
> advocates, I'll leave yez all up to yer own devices, choices, and preferences -- and respect 'em.
>
>
> cheers, Tom
>
> --
> -- Powered by FreeBSD Above address is just a spam midden. I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn
> [point] bc [point] ca

Status
Not open for further replies.