Cassettes or CD'S?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Roseofsharon, May 8, 2003.

  1. Roseofsharon

    Roseofsharon Guest

    Hi, My cassette player that I use on almost all my rides is worn out. Should I replace it with
    another cassette player or with a CD player? does anyone have experience with a cd player they
    especially like? Thanks Sharon

    Tags:

  2. Mike Hilb

    Mike Hilb Guest

    Listening to music while riding is suicide, and illegal in most states.

    Now if your riding a trainer I recommend a CD Player, even the cheap ones these days don't skip.

    "roseofsharon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, My cassette player that I use on almost all my rides is worn out. Should I replace it with
    > another cassette player or with a CD player? does anyone have experience with a cd player they
    > especially like? Thanks Sharon

  3. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (roseofsharon) writes:
    > Hi, My cassette player that I use on almost all my rides is worn out. Should I replace it with
    > another cassette player or with a CD player?

    Clean the tape guides with isopropyl-alcohol-charged Q-tips, and give 'em a couple o' swipes with a
    demagnetizing wand. Take care not to scrub grit into the tape heads. I bet with a little TLC, your
    tape player would be good as new.

    Tape players don't wear out, as much as they build-up a bunch of [removable] crud.

    And portable tape players aren't as wont to skip as portable CD players.

    If you feel like it, have a listen, for me, to "Swamp Thing", by the Chameleons (UK) on their
    "Strange Times" album. (I once had a bike I dubbed "Swamp Thing".)

    I wish I could toss ya ('n everybody else) some jim-dandy tapes. But, unlike certain recumbent
    advocates, I'll leave yez all up to yer own devices, choices, and preferences -- and respect 'em.

    cheers, Tom