Cassettes or CD'S?

Roseofsharon

Guest
Hi, My cassette player that I use on almost all my rides is worn out. Should I replace it with
another cassette player or with a CD player? does anyone have experience with a cd player they
especially like? Thanks Sharon

Listening to music while riding is suicide, and illegal in most states.

Now if your riding a trainer I recommend a CD Player, even the cheap ones these days don't skip.

"roseofsharon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, My cassette player that I use on almost all my rides is worn out. Should I replace it with
> another cassette player or with a CD player? does anyone have experience with a cd player they
> especially like? Thanks Sharon

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (roseofsharon) writes:
> Hi, My cassette player that I use on almost all my rides is worn out. Should I replace it with
> another cassette player or with a CD player?

Clean the tape guides with isopropyl-alcohol-charged Q-tips, and give 'em a couple o' swipes with a
demagnetizing wand. Take care not to scrub grit into the tape heads. I bet with a little TLC, your
tape player would be good as new.

Tape players don't wear out, as much as they build-up a bunch of [removable] crud.

And portable tape players aren't as wont to skip as portable CD players.

If you feel like it, have a listen, for me, to "Swamp Thing", by the Chameleons (UK) on their
"Strange Times" album. (I once had a bike I dubbed "Swamp Thing".)

I wish I could toss ya ('n everybody else) some jim-dandy tapes. But, unlike certain recumbent
advocates, I'll leave yez all up to yer own devices, choices, and preferences -- and respect 'em.

cheers, Tom