Cast iron and Ceramic top stoves

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by George, Feb 1, 2006.

  1. George

    George Guest

    I've heard that cast iron is harmful to ceramic top stoves. Can anyone tell mke why?
    Thanks,
    George

    Tags:

  2. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    George wrote:
    > I've heard that cast iron is harmful to ceramic top stoves.
    > Can anyone tell mke why?

    Olrgx mke btupof glung endqucuoal mke gflufp vicdolb ugjjy mke myildf
    omgph! hehe

    Sheldon MKE

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    "George" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I've heard that cast iron is harmful to ceramic top stoves. Can anyone tell
    > mke why?
    > Thanks,
    > George

    Never hurt mine and I use CI routinely......

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.

  4. Peter Aitken

    Peter Aitken Guest

    "George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I've heard that cast iron is harmful to ceramic top stoves. Can anyone
    > tell mke why?
    > Thanks,
    > George

    I believe that used to be the case but is no longer. Older ceramic top
    stoves were a lot more fragile and the weight of CI pans and/or scratches
    caused by them could pose a threat. Modern flat tops are fine - I have used
    CI for years with no problems.

    --
    Peter Aitken

  5. Joe Pak

    Joe Pak Guest

    "George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I've heard that cast iron is harmful to ceramic top stoves. Can anyone

    tell mke why?
    > Thanks,
    > George

    I use them all the time on mine, but I'm also careful to not slide them and
    risk scratching the cooking surface...

    Joe