Castles

G

Thought I should you some of the local scenery that I pass whilst cycling. ;D

caerphilly-fisher.jpg

Okay , to see the castle above I have to go 3 miles out of my way, but to see a view like that it's worth it don't you think. ;D ( don't know where the blue sky came from though ?)

G

You're in the right part of the world mate, thats for sure ;D

Vo2

Aug 11, 2001
Lazarus, you one lucky sonofacyclist! ;D
That is just awesome! I would easily do 10 miles extra to see THAT along my route! It almost has a Tour De France feel to it. That is simply stunning! 8)

G

Wow! If I had enough dough, I'd move to some small town in France where the roads are free of motorized traffic and the mountains are a short ride away. :eek:

G

Thanks, Lazarus. That's awesome. What's the name of that castle?

G

Willie

The Castle is called Caerphilly Castle. It's not my Fav but it is the closest to me.

There is an 19th Century Folly which looks like a small castle actually on one of the trails I ride. You have to cycle up to the top of the trail from one side so that you end up directly above the castle, then there's a polite notice asking Cyclist to dismount before decending on the other side because of the steepness of the slope - Yeah as if I'll go all the way up the bloody thing just to walk my bike back down. ;D

By the way Willie congrats on your promotion to Team Leader 8)

G

Thanks, Lazarus. Caephilly Castle seems to have suffered cannon damage - from the Civil War perhaps? We have some castles here, btw, albeit small ones. I think a wealthy pastoralist or two spent money to have 'em shipped out. Or built scaled-down. There's one in Ballarat, where I think a military tattoo was held just this weekend. A Scottish gathering. I heard half of Melbourne, those that could dance and/or suffer bagpipes, was there. Saw a signpost today, out near Wandin,east of Melb., pointing to 'Cameron Castle'.
Thanks for the congrats. Me lead? Sometimes I have trouble just steering my bike! Cheers.

G

there isnt much point riding up a climb if you don't get to hammer down it ;D