Cat amongst the pigeons

vitiris

Jul 24, 2003
Well it seems that Graber have a new Powertap unit coming to the market! Anybody have any further information. An interested party who is just about to buy a Pro

vitiris said:
Well it seems that Graber have a new Powertap unit coming to the market! Anybody have any further information. An interested party who is just about to buy a Pro

what did you want to know? they'll be just under double the price of a standard. no doubt i'll be selling them at the best price possible, like i do with the other PTs

ric

ric_stern/RST said:
what did you want to know? they'll be just under double the price of a standard. no doubt i'll be selling them at the best price possible, like i do with the other PTs

ric
Of course, now that I just bought the Pro version ~6 weeks ago. :-/

ric_stern/RST said:
but it's like anything -- especially computers -- there will always be something better around the corner. either way the PT Pro is a great meter.

what's different about the new one?

ric_stern/RST said:
lighter hub - carbon and aluminium
campy, shimano and fixed wheel options
the "guts" of the unit located further into the hub and inaccesible

may be other stuff but can't recall
ric
i hope they update their software!

ric_stern/RST said:
lighter hub - carbon and aluminium
campy, shimano and fixed wheel options
the "guts" of the unit located further into the hub and inaccesible

may be other stuff but can't recall
ric

Those bastards. That would solve my two primary beefs -- it's heavy as a brick, and I had to mess w/ adapting the spacing of the cassette to match my Campy 10sp shifters (which cost $130). I hope it at least works with the old harness and computer so I can buy the new hub and stuff it into another lighter wheel.

Aztec said:
Those bastards. That would solve my two primary beefs -- it's heavy as a brick, and I had to mess w/ adapting the spacing of the cassette to match my Campy 10sp shifters (which cost $130). I hope it at least works with the old harness and computer so I can buy the new hub and stuff it into another lighter wheel.

just to point out, that while the PT is heavier (about 150 g over a "normal" hub) that isn't going to make much difference (if any)

ric

ric_stern/RST said:
just to point out, that while the PT is heavier (about 150 g over a "normal" hub) that isn't going to make much difference (if any)

ric

Oh, I know. I like to ***** now and then like the weight weenies do. Actually, I think it's more like 200g over an Ultegra hub, but no matter. It's not much more difference than a 1/4 bottle of water on board.