Cat eye 7 problem

Dale

Guest
I just bought a new bike that has a more aerodynamic set of forks, not the
round type of forks that I had on my old bike. I have a Cat eye 7 that has a
transmitter base that is a half moon. It won't stay in place on my new bike,
it shifts around and I lose the 5 mm clearance needed to read the magnet.
Does Cat eye make a different transmitter base? I've tried writing them, but
to no avail (why have a customer service address if you won't answer
questions?- another thread). I can carve out a piece of rubber to mold to
the fork, but that seems chintzy. Any suggestions? Thanks

Dale

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:36:15 -0700, Dale <[email protected]> wrote:

>I just bought a new bike that has a more aerodynamic set of forks, not the
>round type of forks that I had on my old bike. I have a Cat eye 7 that has a
>transmitter base that is a half moon. It won't stay in place on my new bike,
>it shifts around and I lose the 5 mm clearance needed to read the magnet.
>Does Cat eye make a different transmitter base? I've tried writing them, but
>to no avail (why have a customer service address if you won't answer
>questions?- another thread). I can carve out a piece of rubber to mold to
>the fork, but that seems chintzy. Any suggestions? Thanks
>
>Dale

Rubber, styrofoam, built-up layers of duct tape. I use either black or
green and black camo duct tape best because you can fine-adjust the width
of a layer of tape (about .5mm). Cheesy? Once it's covered in a fine layer
of dirt, nobody notices. ;-)

jj