Cat Eye Bike 'puter question

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The World

Due to a series of unfortunate events, I got too much liquid (mostly water) in the liquid crystal
display of my Cat Eye Micro. Does anyone know if the Cat Eye Astrale will fit on the same handlebar
mount as the Micro, or will I have to rewire everything? Being a lazy person I really need the
discipline induced by the cadence display on the Micro, so I'm kind of limited to the Astrale if I
can use the same mount.

john

The World wrote:

> Due to a series of unfortunate events, I got too much liquid (mostly water) in the liquid crystal
> display of my Cat Eye Micro. Does anyone know if the Cat Eye Astrale will fit on the same
> handlebar mount as the Micro, or will I have to rewire everything? Being a lazy person I really
> need the discipline induced by the cadence display on the Micro, so I'm kind of limited to the
> Astrale if I can use the same mount.
>
> john

It won't fit, and even if it did, the wiring requirements prevent the two from working together in
the same harness.

Joe
--

Pursuant to U.S. code,title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon
State Law, any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a consulting
fee of $500.00 U.S. E-Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms. Consult
<http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html> for details.

Thanks, I was afraid of that.

john "spam hater" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> The World wrote:
>
> > Due to a series of unfortunate events, I got too much liquid (mostly water) in the liquid
> > crystal display of my Cat Eye Micro. Does anyone know if the Cat Eye Astrale will fit on the
> > same handlebar mount as the Micro,
or
> > will I have to rewire everything? Being a lazy person I really need the discipline induced by
> > the cadence display on the Micro, so I'm kind of limited to the Astrale if I can use the same
> > mount.
> >
> > john
>
> It won't fit, and even if it did, the wiring requirements prevent the two from working together in
> the same harness.
>
> Joe
> --
>
> Pursuant to U.S. code,title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon
> State Law, any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a
> consulting fee of $500.00 U.S. E-Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms. Consult
> <http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html> for details.

In article <[email protected]>, "The World" <[email protected]> writes:

>Due to a series of unfortunate events, I got too much liquid (mostly water) in the liquid crystal
>display of my Cat Eye Micro. Does anyone know if the Cat Eye Astrale will fit on the same handlebar
>mount as the Micro, or will I have to rewire everything? Being a lazy person I really need the
>discipline induced by the cadence display on the Micro, so I'm kind of limited to the Astrale if I
>can use the same mount.

The previous response was correct...it will NOT work. However, all may not be lost...I think I have
an old Micro just gathering dust in my spare computer bag (yes I have a bag of old computers...I
work in a shop and don't throw much that still works away).....let me know via e-mail (delete the
obvious) if you're interested and I'll go through the bag this weekend and get back to you.

Regards, Bill Tobalske

>The previous response was correct...it will NOT work. However, all may not be lost...I think I have
>an old Micro just gathering dust in my spare computer bag (yes I have a bag of old computers...I
>work in a shop and don't throw much that still works away).....let me know via e-mail (delete the
>obvious) if you're interested and I'll go through the bag this weekend and get back to you.
>
>Regards, Bill Tobalske

I have a few myself, don't know if they work though. If interested, send me an Email.

Jon Isaacs

Thanks for the offer, I found a local bike shop with a similar bag of random Cat Eyes and they also
had a Micro. I'm back in action.

john "WBtobal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, "The World" <[email protected]>
writes:
>
> >Due to a series of unfortunate events, I got too much liquid (mostly
water)
> >in the liquid crystal display of my Cat Eye Micro. Does anyone know if
the
> >Cat Eye Astrale will fit on the same handlebar mount as the Micro, or
will I
> >have to rewire everything? Being a lazy person I really need the
discipline
> >induced by the cadence display on the Micro, so I'm kind of limited to
the
> >Astrale if I can use the same mount.
>
>
> The previous response was correct...it will NOT work. However, all may not be lost...I think I
> have an old Micro just gathering dust in my spare computer bag (yes I have a bag of old
> computers...I work in a shop and don't throw much that still works away).....let me know via
> e-mail (delete the obvious) if you're interested and I'll go through the bag this weekend and get
> back to you.
>
> Regards, Bill Tobalske

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 23:00:47 -0800, "The World" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks for the offer, I found a local bike shop with a similar bag of random Cat Eyes and they also
>had a Micro. I'm back in action.
>

With all those Micros sitting around in boxes and bags, it might be of interest to some to know that
the wiring harnesses are still available from Cateye. I just bought one (phone order) just a couple
of months ago.

BTW, I like the Micro (CC-6000) so much I recently traded a brand new Astrale for a used but
working Micro.

jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

Status
Not open for further replies.