Cat Eye Bike 'puter question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by The World, Feb 6, 2003.

  1. The World

    The World Guest

    Due to a series of unfortunate events, I got too much liquid (mostly water) in the liquid crystal
    display of my Cat Eye Micro. Does anyone know if the Cat Eye Astrale will fit on the same handlebar
    mount as the Micro, or will I have to rewire everything? Being a lazy person I really need the
    discipline induced by the cadence display on the Micro, so I'm kind of limited to the Astrale if I
    can use the same mount.

    john

    Tags:

  2. Spam Hater

    Spam Hater Guest

    The World wrote:

    > Due to a series of unfortunate events, I got too much liquid (mostly water) in the liquid crystal
    > display of my Cat Eye Micro. Does anyone know if the Cat Eye Astrale will fit on the same
    > handlebar mount as the Micro, or will I have to rewire everything? Being a lazy person I really
    > need the discipline induced by the cadence display on the Micro, so I'm kind of limited to the
    > Astrale if I can use the same mount.
    >
    > john

    It won't fit, and even if it did, the wiring requirements prevent the two from working together in
    the same harness.

    Joe
    --

    Pursuant to U.S. code,title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon
    State Law, any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a consulting

  3. The World

    The World Guest

    Thanks, I was afraid of that.

    john "spam hater" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The World wrote:
    >
    > > Due to a series of unfortunate events, I got too much liquid (mostly water) in the liquid
    > > crystal display of my Cat Eye Micro. Does anyone know if the Cat Eye Astrale will fit on the
    > > same handlebar mount as the Micro,
    or
    > > will I have to rewire everything? Being a lazy person I really need the discipline induced by
    > > the cadence display on the Micro, so I'm kind of limited to the Astrale if I can use the same
    > > mount.
    > >
    > > john
    >
    > It won't fit, and even if it did, the wiring requirements prevent the two from working together in
    > the same harness.
    >
    > Joe
    > --
    >
    > Pursuant to U.S. code,title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon
    > State Law, any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a
    > consulting fee of $500.00 U.S. E-Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms. Consult
    > <http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html> for details.

  4. Wbtobal

    Wbtobal Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "The World" <[email protected]> writes:

    >Due to a series of unfortunate events, I got too much liquid (mostly water) in the liquid crystal
    >display of my Cat Eye Micro. Does anyone know if the Cat Eye Astrale will fit on the same handlebar
    >mount as the Micro, or will I have to rewire everything? Being a lazy person I really need the
    >discipline induced by the cadence display on the Micro, so I'm kind of limited to the Astrale if I
    >can use the same mount.

    The previous response was correct...it will NOT work. However, all may not be lost...I think I have
    an old Micro just gathering dust in my spare computer bag (yes I have a bag of old computers...I
    work in a shop and don't throw much that still works away).....let me know via e-mail (delete the
    obvious) if you're interested and I'll go through the bag this weekend and get back to you.

    Regards, Bill Tobalske

  5. Jon Isaacs

    Jon Isaacs Guest

    >The previous response was correct...it will NOT work. However, all may not be lost...I think I have
    >an old Micro just gathering dust in my spare computer bag (yes I have a bag of old computers...I
    >work in a shop and don't throw much that still works away).....let me know via e-mail (delete the
    >obvious) if you're interested and I'll go through the bag this weekend and get back to you.
    >
    >Regards, Bill Tobalske

    I have a few myself, don't know if they work though. If interested, send me an Email.

    Jon Isaacs

  6. The World

    The World Guest

    Thanks for the offer, I found a local bike shop with a similar bag of random Cat Eyes and they also
    had a Micro. I'm back in action.

    john "WBtobal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "The World" <[email protected]>
    writes:

    > >Due to a series of unfortunate events, I got too much liquid (mostly
    water)
    > >in the liquid crystal display of my Cat Eye Micro. Does anyone know if
    the
    > >Cat Eye Astrale will fit on the same handlebar mount as the Micro, or
    will I
    > >have to rewire everything? Being a lazy person I really need the
    discipline
    > >induced by the cadence display on the Micro, so I'm kind of limited to
    the
    > >Astrale if I can use the same mount.
    >

    > The previous response was correct...it will NOT work. However, all may not be lost...I think I
    > have an old Micro just gathering dust in my spare computer bag (yes I have a bag of old
    > computers...I work in a shop and don't throw much that still works away).....let me know via
    > e-mail (delete the obvious) if you're interested and I'll go through the bag this weekend and get
    > back to you.
    >
    > Regards, Bill Tobalske

  7. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 23:00:47 -0800, "The World" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks for the offer, I found a local bike shop with a similar bag of random Cat Eyes and they also
    >had a Micro. I'm back in action.

    With all those Micros sitting around in boxes and bags, it might be of interest to some to know that
    the wiring harnesses are still available from Cateye. I just bought one (phone order) just a couple
    of months ago.

    BTW, I like the Micro (CC-6000) so much I recently traded a brand new Astrale for a used but
    working Micro.