cat-eye micro computer (cc-6000)

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Howard, Mar 16, 2003.

  1. Howard

    Howard Guest

    I lost my manual for my cat-eye micro computer (cc-6000) and the cat-eye home page did not have this
    manual. Does anyone have a copy they could e-mail. When I put in a new battery there are vertical
    lines on the bottom of the screen bu the buttons do not respond. Thx.

  2. > I lost my manual for my cat-eye micro computer (cc-6000) and the cat-eye home page did not have
    > this manual. Does anyone have a copy they could e-mail. When I put in a new battery there are
    > vertical lines on the bottom of the screen bu the buttons do not respond. Thx.

    Remove the battery, short out the contacts for about a minute and depress the reset button on the
    back as well as the two front buttons. This will drain any residual power from the unit that might
    keep it from properly resetting. (To short out the contacts, you can just put the battery in
    upside-down).

    Now put the battery back in, and, once again, hold down all three buttons until the computer
    completely resets. It will probably be OK after that.

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "howard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I lost my manual for my cat-eye micro computer (cc-6000) and the cat-eye home page did not have
    > this manual. Does anyone have a copy they could e-mail. When I put in a new battery there are
    > vertical lines on the bottom of the screen bu the buttons do not respond. Thx.

    Try either a new install of the battery, being careful not to wiggle it on the way in - just a
    smooth positive connection - or press all the buttons at the same time to re-initailize the unit.
    These are sensitive to intermittent battery contact on installation.

  4. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:56:01 -0800, "howard" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I lost my manual for my cat-eye micro computer (cc-6000) and the cat-eye home page did not have
    >this manual. Does anyone have a copy they could e-mail. When I put in a new battery there are
    >vertical lines on the bottom of the screen bu the buttons do not respond. Thx.

    When installing a new battery in a CC-6000, you should perform a reset by pressing all three buttons
    simutaneously. This should clear the display.

    BTW, I have a couple of these manuals, but not in a machine readable form. If you have a specific
    question, just email.