Cataclysmic global earthquake party ideas?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ace Berserker, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    admonitions.

    Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!

    Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    Tags:

  2. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Ace Berserker wrote:
    > As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    > but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    > admonitions.
    >
    > Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!
    >
    > Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    How 'bout "Upside-down Cake"?

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  3. Doug Kanter

    Doug Kanter Guest

    "Ace Berserker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]com...
    > As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    > but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    > admonitions.
    >
    > Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!
    >
    > Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    Obviously, martinis. Shaken, not stirred. :)

  4. Dean G.

    Dean G. Guest

    Doug Kanter wrote:
    > "Ace Berserker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    > > but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    > > admonitions.
    > >
    > > Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!
    > >
    > > Anyone have any festive menu ideas?
    > >

    > Obviously, martinis. Shaken, not stirred. :)

    And milk shakes for the children.

    For dinner, in tribute to Dr. C, we have an all-spam menu planned,
    centering on spam shake and bake.

    Dean G.

  5. Doug Kanter

    Doug Kanter Guest

    "Dean G." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Doug Kanter wrote:
    >> "Ace Berserker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> > As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    >> > but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    >> > admonitions.
    >> >
    >> > Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!
    >> >
    >> > Anyone have any festive menu ideas?
    >> >

    >> Obviously, martinis. Shaken, not stirred. :)

    > And milk shakes for the children.
    >
    > For dinner, in tribute to Dr. C, we have an all-spam menu planned,
    > centering on spam shake and bake.
    >
    > Dean G.

    Spam & eggs. Spam eggs & spam. Spam spam spam.

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Ace Berserker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    > but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    > admonitions.
    >
    > Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!
    >
    > Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    Bean and cheese Nachos with Margaritas.......
    --
    Peace, Om.

  7. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    Ace Berserker wrote:
    > As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    > but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    > admonitions.
    >
    > Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!
    >
    > Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    Jello Jigglers might be fun to watch during a quake:

    Jello Jigglers

    4 small. pkgs. (4 serving size) or 2 lg. pkgs. (8 serving size) Jello
    brand gelatin, you choose the flavor, it's your funeral.;-)
    2 1/2 cups boiling water or apple juice

    Completely dissolve gelatin in boiling water or juice.
    Pour into 13 x 9 inch pan.
    Chill until firm or about 3 hours.
    To remove, dip pan in warm water about 15 seconds.
    Cut into decorative shapes with cookie cutters or cut into 1" squares.
    Lift Jigglers from pan.

    -Rusty - Sacramento, CA

  8. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    Ace Berserker wrote:
    > As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    > but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    > admonitions.
    >
    > Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!
    >
    > Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    man, the earth better not end this week, my birthday is on June 6th. 06/06/06.
    I'm planning an apocalyptic bash!

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  9. In article <[email protected]>,
    The Bubbo <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Ace Berserker wrote:
    > > As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    > > but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    > > admonitions.
    > >
    > > Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!
    > >
    > > Anyone have any festive menu ideas?
    > >

    > man, the earth better not end this week, my birthday is on June 6th. 06/06/06.
    > I'm planning an apocalyptic bash!

    <lol>
    --
    Peace, Om.

  10. The AC usually goes out so I like to have a big BBQ with everything
    defrosting in the freezer. As for music, after an earthquake I prefer
    hearing Randy Newman's I Love LA more then Carol King's I Feel The
    Earth Move. What's your music preference?

  11. "Shake, Rattle and Roll"
    "All Shook Up"
    "Falling Into Satan's Chasm Over You" (OK, I made that one up...)

  12. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Laura from MomsRetro.com" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The AC usually goes out so I like to have a big BBQ with everything
    > defrosting in the freezer. As for music, after an earthquake I prefer
    > hearing Randy Newman's I Love LA more then Carol King's I Feel The
    > Earth Move. What's your music preference?

    REM. It's the End of the Earth as we know it.........
    --
    Peace, Om.

  13. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    Ace Berserker wrote:
    > As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    > but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    > admonitions.
    >
    > Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!
    >
    > Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    Dang it! The End Of The World, and I'm going to miss it. I'll be at a
    conference in Minneapolis all day long.

    Bob

  14. LOL!!!
    I like a snappy disaster tune...

    Ace Berserker wrote:
    > "Shake, Rattle and Roll"
    > "All Shook Up"
    > "Falling Into Satan's Chasm Over You" (OK, I made that one up...)

  15. Steve Pope

    Steve Pope Guest

    Laura from MomsRetro.com <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The AC usually goes out so I like to have a big BBQ with everything
    >defrosting in the freezer. As for music, after an earthquake I prefer
    >hearing Randy Newman's I Love LA more then Carol King's I Feel The
    >Earth Move. What's your music preference?

    Gregorian chant, or polyphonic choral music of the same genre.

    Steve