cateye astrale 8

donkey7798

Apr 5, 2004
Has anyone had any experience with this computer. I am interested in purchasing this as it has cadence as well the normal functions. Just wondering if its worth the money $58 at my lbs. thanks

Originally posted by donkey7798
Has anyone had any experience with this computer. I am interested in purchasing this as it has cadence as well the normal functions. Just wondering if its worth the money $58 at my lbs. thanks
I have it and like it. the first bracket fell apart I had removed it several times. they sent another no problem.
but other then that it works well. my only real complaint is when it shuts off it always starts in the time funtion not where you left it. but it takes the speed readings form the back wheel. 58.00 is a lot even at a LBS 48.00 is what iti s locally and thats high. my wife found it for about 35.00 locally.

Originally posted by donkey7798

Check out E-Bay. Brand new can be had for $25.00 + shipping.

Not my favorite computer - There's a button on the front of the computer that lets you switch the large display from speed to cadence. Every time I pressed the button, the computer would fly off of the bracket. Nearly ran it over a couple times - and had to spend several minutes looking for it in the weeds.

I have the older Astrale my new road bike - it's currently $25 at Performance.com. It has all of the same functions as the 8, just not as pretty. Nashbar has it for $20.

Originally posted by mfoswterwa
Not my favorite computer - There's a button on the front of the computer that lets you switch the large display from speed to cadence. Every time I pressed the button, the computer would fly off of the bracket. Nearly ran it over a couple times - and had to spend several minutes looking for it in the weeds.

I have the older Astrale my new road bike - it's currently $25 at Performance.com. It has all of the same functions as the 8, just not as pretty. Nashbar has it for $20.

just call and get a new bracket thats what mine did. seems like this may be some quality issue.