Cateye CC-TR100

badback

Jan 1, 2005
Does anyone know if Cateye's new cyclocomputer/heart rate monitor (CC-TR100) uses the chainstay for the speed sensor? I don't want to buy something that is useless for the trainer (such as a fork mounted speed sensor).

A speed sensor is a speed sensor. I'm sure if its pictured as a rear chainstay, you could just as easily mount it to the fork. Many speed senors and cadence sensors are simply hooked on with those thin plastic ties, so it might work. I know with my Vetta V100HR, I can do either or.

Miagi said:
A speed sensor is a speed sensor. I'm sure if its pictured as a rear chainstay, you could just as easily mount it to the fork. Many speed senors and cadence sensors are simply hooked on with those thin plastic ties, so it might work. I know with my Vetta V100HR, I can do either or.

Unless the sensor is wireless and doesn't have the range to consistently work on the rear. Wired = OK. Whatever marketing info Cateye has out (or the install manual from their website if it's already posted) will tell you what you need to know.