Cateye CD300DW (Dble Wireless)

ppienkow

Aug 31, 2004
Anyone have the info on this new spanky computer. It seems to be all I was waiting for, wireless cadence and speed, but I don't want to spluge $120-150 on a computer that is going to have the same problems as the first Cateye Cordless when it came out...

anyone got one?

Been using one for a couple of months without problems. Installation is slightly more complicated than some models, but not really difficult.

I have even moved it from one bike to another without problems -- just reset the wheel size.

Works as promised!

gruppo said:
Been using one for a couple of months without problems. Installation is slightly more complicated than some models, but not really difficult.

I have even moved it from one bike to another without problems -- just reset the wheel size.

Works as promised!

where did you buy it? online?

Love it.
Only real problem is the small display icons such as avg, mx, odo etc. The data digits are a good size though.
Very quick to install.

ppienkow said:
Anyone have the info on this new spanky computer. It seems to be all I was waiting for, wireless cadence and speed, but I don't want to spluge $120-150 on a computer that is going to have the same problems as the first Cateye Cordless when it came out...

anyone got one?
I am having one issue with mine. It does not seem to be compatible with my Polar S520. When I wear the Polar HRM, it often interferes with the readout of the Cat-eye, and affects total distance, average speed, etc. If it were not for that, I would say I love it, however if I can not solve the aforementioned problem, you will be able to buy mine cheap!

skydive69 said:
I am having one issue with mine. It does not seem to be compatible with my Polar S520. When I wear the Polar HRM, it often interferes with the readout of the Cat-eye, and affects total distance, average speed, etc. If it were not for that, I would say I love it, however if I can not solve the aforementioned problem, you will be able to buy mine cheap!
Hi Skydive
Is your Polar an encoded transmitter type? Most Polars are.
The encoded transmitters use a digital signal which is pretty similar to the Cateye's transmitter. I think the manual warns of this somewhere.
Anyway try changing the Cateye's link settings. The manual tells you how somewhere, theres about 13 different settings for it. Hopefully one of the settings will different enough to the Polar to work ok.

Reckon you should sell the Polar and get a Sports Instruments...:)

cheers
Malcom

malcomm said:
Hi Skydive
The encoded transmitters use a digital signal which is pretty similar to the Cateye's transmitter. I think the manual warns of this somewhere.
Anyway try changing the Cateye's link settings. The manual tells you how somewhere, theres about 13 different settings for it. Hopefully one of the settings will different enough to the Polar to work ok.

cheers
Malcom
I am going to look into that tomorrow, however if I were to sell anything it would be the Cat-eye not the Polar. My rationale, is that every other bicycle computer I have used works fine with the Polar, hence the weak link is the Cat-eye - not the Polar!

skydive69 said:
I am going to look into that tomorrow, however if I were to sell anything it would be the Cat-eye not the Polar. My rationale, is that every other bicycle computer I have used works fine with the Polar, hence the weak link is the Cat-eye - not the Polar!

I was only winding you up re the polar sale :) but seriously, this will probably become more of an issue as more computers and hrm's go digital transmission.

skydive69 said:

I was only winding you up re the polar sale :) but seriously, this will probably become more of an issue as more computers and hrm's go digital transmission.

malcomm said:
I knew that, but simply wanted to make a strong statement that Cat-eye would pay attention to. I hope this works out, because I love both units!

I've had mine for a couple of months, and it has worked great. I realy like the fact it's on the back wheel, so I can keep track of miles, speed and cadiance while using my trainer. I haven't had any problems with my Polar interfering with it. The only thing I'm not all that crazy about is it's mounting, it couple be a little stronger. Paid about $140 from online dealer.

malcomm said:
Hi Skydive

cheers
Malcom
I'm happy to report that all of my issues with the CD3000 are now resolved. I simply changed the encoding of the unit, and during an hour and a half of riding this morning, there was not one instance of interference. Thanks for the tip!

skydive69 said:
I'm happy to report that all of my issues with the CD3000 are now resolved. I simply changed the encoding of the unit, and during an hour and a half of riding this morning, there was not one instance of interference. Thanks for the tip!
Great news skydive.
It would have been a shame to have to sell it.
BTW I'll be trying out your reset tip tonight

cheers
Malcom

malcomm said:
Great news skydive.
It would have been a shame to have to sell it.
BTW I'll be trying out your reset tip tonight

cheers
Malcom
This morning, I noted how I specifically do the reset: I press down on the mode buttons simultaneously with my index fingers, and while holding them down, I press the restart button with my right thumb (left probably also works :D ), and then release everything. Works every time.

Anybody have trouble getting the distance and time to reset??? I've followed the instructions, but no results??? Cateye's support is terrible! They don't respond to any emails...I've been riding for few weeks and just keep adding up the time and distance....since the reset won't work!

Any ideas???
:eek:

Newshooter21 said:
Anybody have trouble getting the distance and time to reset??? I've followed the instructions, but no results??? Cateye's support is terrible! They don't respond to any emails...I've been riding for few weeks and just keep adding up the time and distance....since the reset won't work!

Any ideas???
:eek:
It is very simple. There are three buttons on top of the unit, and one on the bottom of the unit (I am not talking about the reset buttons on the rear).

Simultaneously depress the two outside buttons with your left and right index fingers, and while leaving them depressed, simply press the bottom button with your left or right thumb. The settings of your trip will immediately reset, but leave or odometer intact. If you have used the lap button (the center button on top) to time two events, go through the above described procedure twice to reset the trip.

I found Cateye to have fabulous customer service. If you call them on the telephone, they will immediately answer your questions. In that their office is rather small, sometimes they are totally closed down to attend a trade show.

There's a bit of a trick to it. Computers normally respond to the push of a button, these respond to the relasing of the buttons.

What you have to do is make sure the display is not on the lap screen. Simultaneously hold down the left, right and front buttons. Release the lot at the same time. The trick is releasing them all together.

cheers
Malcom

Thanks....I finally got a response from Cateye...They have two people working in their customer service dept. to respond to all of North America via phone, email, etc...The response was a bit defensive...I think I hurt their feelings...Said they never got my first email...Anyways, thanks for the advice... :eek: Here's the response I got:

First of all, our customer support, while not perfect, is topnotch, and in my opinion far exceeds any I have personally received from other companies that I have dealt with... there are two guys here for all of North American customer service and we answer hundreds of phone calls a day and thousands of emails a week.

Second, I searched through any non-responded to emails that may have been missed in my inbox, and did not find any from you, or any regarding this topic.

Third, you just press MODE 1/MODE 2/START/ENTER simultaneously and INSTANTLY RELEASE ALL THREE BUTTONS, instead of pressing and holding them.

Lastly, post what you wish, if it makes you feel better.

Best regards,
Jeff

Jeff Wilbur
Cat Eye Customer Service and Marketing
1705 14th Street, #115
Boulder, CO 80302

303-443-4595 x 103