Cateye computer chirping

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Radioactive Man, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just installed the Cateye Mity 8 on my road bike last night only to find out that the sensor
    chirps at every revolution.

Is this normal?

I really liked the Avocet 40 I had on my old bike, but I wanted one with speed and distance on the
    same display.

RM

Tags:

2. Pete Biggs

Pete Biggs Guest

Radioactive Man wrote:
    > I just installed the Cateye Mity 8 on my road bike last night only to find out that the sensor
    > chirps at every revolution.
    >
    > Is this normal?

Yes, Cateye reed switches* are louder than other brands. I find it quite reassuring when testing -
    knowing that the magnet is being picked up on each rev. I don't tend to notice it out on the road
    due to wind + traffic
    + duff ears!

* The "sensor" is actually a simple electric switch with a moving part.

~PB

3. Billx

Billx Guest

I installed a Mity 3 on my bike several weeks ago and like you said it would chirp when the magnet
    passed under the sensor. For some reason the chirping has stopped but the unit continues to function
    flawlessly.

"Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Radioactive Man wrote:
    > > I just installed the Cateye Mity 8 on my road bike last night only to find out that the sensor
    > > chirps at every revolution.
    > >
    > > Is this normal?
    >
    > Yes, Cateye reed switches* are louder than other brands. I find it quite reassuring when testing -
    > knowing that the magnet is being picked up on each rev. I don't tend to notice it out on the road
    > due to wind + traffic
    > + duff ears!
    >
    > * The "sensor" is actually a simple electric switch with a moving part.
    >
    > ~PB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.