Cateye Cordless 7 problems?

Daz

Guest
Hi,

I've had problems with my Cateye cordless 7 computer since I bought it,
speed would show 3mph and then 12mph when the bike was moving at a constant
speed.

I took it off and haven't used it for a while but then decided to give it
another go. Bought 2 new batteries and fitted it to my bike.

Nothing at all... if I take the computer off the handlebars it literally has
to be about 1" from the sensor before it starts to work.

I have the sensor mounted right at the top of my forks and there's not much
in the way, just the brace of the forks and my handlebars, but still it
refuses to work.

I'm thinking of buying a new one but don't know if it's an easy job to get
this one working? What can I check apart from the obvious, magnet is <5mm
from sensor, sensor at top of forks...

Thanks

Daz

Daz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had problems with my Cateye cordless 7 computer since I bought it,
> speed would show 3mph and then 12mph when the bike was moving at a constant
> speed.
>
> I took it off and haven't used it for a while but then decided to give it
> another go. Bought 2 new batteries and fitted it to my bike.
>
> Nothing at all... if I take the computer off the handlebars it literally has
> to be about 1" from the sensor before it starts to work.
>
> I have the sensor mounted right at the top of my forks and there's not much
> in the way, just the brace of the forks and my handlebars, but still it
> refuses to work.
>
> I'm thinking of buying a new one but don't know if it's an easy job to get
> this one working? What can I check apart from the obvious, magnet is <5mm
> from sensor, sensor at top of forks...
>
> Thanks
>
> Daz Can't say all mine are wired. But give it a try buy new, you can allways return it with the sales slip.

"Daz" <daz@home> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I've had problems with my Cateye cordless 7 computer since I bought it,
> speed would show 3mph and then 12mph when the bike was moving at a

constant
> speed.
>
> I took it off and haven't used it for a while but then decided to give it
> another go. Bought 2 new batteries and fitted it to my bike.
>
> Nothing at all... if I take the computer off the handlebars it literally

has
> to be about 1" from the sensor before it starts to work.
>
> I have the sensor mounted right at the top of my forks and there's not

much
> in the way, just the brace of the forks and my handlebars, but still it
> refuses to work.
>
> I'm thinking of buying a new one but don't know if it's an easy job to get
> this one working? What can I check apart from the obvious, magnet is <5mm
> from sensor, sensor at top of forks...
>
> Thanks
>
> Daz

" have the sensor mounted right at the top of my forks"

Does this make the sensor too far from the spoke magnet?
If so this may be your issue.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

saved up and buy a garmin gps for bikes. so much better an informitive.

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:07:42 +0100, Daz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've had problems with my Cateye cordless 7 computer since I bought it,
> speed would show 3mph and then 12mph when the bike was moving at a constant
> speed.

Yep that model is ****, I sold mine on ebay. The original cateye cordless
1 was fine, but all later models were junk.

Either lidl or aldi had a wirless one in the other week, they should still
have some in store, they tend to be much better than the branded stuff.

Steve

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yep that model is ****, I sold mine on ebay. The original cateye cordless
> 1 was fine, but all later models were junk.

I still have a Cateye Cordless 1 that I am using on my road bike. Its going
on 6 or 7 yrs with no problems.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!