UK and Europe · Public discussion

Cateye HL-500 - not a recommendation

Started by Daniel Auger · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,202 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
24 January 2004
Last activity
28 January 2004
Original author
Daniel Auger
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,202
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This evening my Cateye HL-500, which I use on the rare occasions my dynamo system isn't working [1]
    gave up on me. It fell out its mount, despite beings securely fixed in, and shattered on the road. I
    had used it about five times in the year or so I have owned it. I am not impressed.

    A suitably angry e-mail has gone to Cateye. I presume I was unlucky, and this sort of failure isn't
    a common problem?

    [1] I've just switched to a new B&M Dynamo, and need to get the "weatherproof" roller.

    --
    Daniel Auger

    Please remove "_nospam" from address to reply.

  2. Daniel Auger said:

    [1] I've just switched to a new B&M Dynamo, and need to get the "weatherproof" roller.


    Make sure you use it on a suitable tyre - it is a rather sharp wire brush, and I haven't yet
    dared use mine.

  3. I had an EL-200 do that last winter. Harsh Words were said.

    --

    Dave Larrington - legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uklegslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
    ===========================================================
    Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
    bhpc.org.ukbhpc.org.uk
    ===========================================================

  4. "Daniel Auger" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This evening my Cateye HL-500, which I use on the rare occasions my dynamo system isn't working
    [1] gave up on me. It fell out its mount, despite beings securely fixed in,

    How?

  5. JP said:

    "Daniel Auger" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This evening my Cateye HL-500, which I use on the rare occasions my dynamo system isn't working
    [1] gave up on me. It fell out its mount, despite being securely fixed in,

    How?

    I honestly don't know - I probably ought to have a look at the mount.

    I'd checked that it was secure before starting out.

    --
    Daniel Auger

    Please remove "_nospam" from address to reply.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.