Cateye HL-500 - not a recommendation

Daniel Auger

Guest
This evening my Cateye HL-500, which I use on the rare occasions my dynamo system isn't working [1]
gave up on me. It fell out its mount, despite beings securely fixed in, and shattered on the road. I
had used it about five times in the year or so I have owned it. I am not impressed.

A suitably angry e-mail has gone to Cateye. I presume I was unlucky, and this sort of failure isn't
a common problem?

[1] I've just switched to a new B&M Dynamo, and need to get the "weatherproof" roller.

--
Daniel Auger

Please remove "_nospam" from address to reply.

Daniel Auger wrote:

> [1] I've just switched to a new B&M Dynamo, and need to get the "weatherproof" roller.

Make sure you use it on a suitable tyre - it is a rather sharp wire brush, and I haven't yet
dared use mine.

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, JP wrote:

> "Daniel Auger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > This evening my Cateye HL-500, which I use on the rare occasions my dynamo system isn't working
> > [1] gave up on me. It fell out its mount, despite being securely fixed in,
>
> How?

I honestly don't know - I probably ought to have a look at the mount.

I'd checked that it was secure before starting out.