cateye HL-EL210/220 defect

stevechow

Mar 11, 2006
hi i wonder anyone purchase this light recently. it is supposed to be a high beam headlight with four AA batteries running. i purchased one recently in replacement of the old one which i purchased 3 years ago. i noticed the old one has a very bright and blue beam and the latest one it has white beam and not as bright which i feel cheated. i have written to customer service in CATEYE but was brushed off. i do not know what else i could do. i want a refund and probably be more careful of cateye products in future. i am just so angry because the customer service was doing a bad job and probably thinks that i am only one of a million customers which she could afford to lose.

regards,
Cao

Hi

Do you mean this light: ?

http://www.worldofbike.gr/fotos/zoom/CAT-HL220.jpg

If it is this light its the light you are writing about I am using for about a year now and it doesnt have any defects (like in bad workmanship, defective components or something like that). If it isnt bright enough then you can ask for information for the candlepower of each light and the types of leds used on them from cateye. There are probably brighter lights for sale but I think its fine for city use.

One problem that I did however had with one cateye light was in this light which I also use for about a year now:

http://www.cycle-route.com/images/products/large/1/1161.jpg

After buying the lights I also bought some rechargable batteries to use on them so I wont have to spend lots of money on battery replacements. The front light works just fine with the 1.2v rechargable batteries, the single use ones are 1.5v, whilst the rear light is bright for about 10min or so with 1.2v rechargable batteries and then it gets really dim without the batteries being discharged, no idea why /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif. But I still use the single use 1.5v factory batteries that came with it for over a year now and they still arent fully discharged. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

since i did not hear from CATEYE anymore probably it's best that i dropped CATEYE from my list of items. no more CATEYE one bad experience is enough.
i won't comment much on the new light because it is so DIM i can't hardly see the roads at night. the old version was a lot and much better if someone could support my statement.

regards,
Cao