Cateye Micro (CC-6000) Manual

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by John Everett, Mar 18, 2003.

  1. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    After seeing the recent thread with a question about the CC-6000, I scanned in the English portion
    of the manual. Unfortunately, due to the extremely small text size I needed to scan at a fairly high
    resolution. The resulting Microsoft Word .doc file is 23.2 Mb.

    I'm not sure my ISP will pass an email attachment this big, but if anyone wants to try, send me an
    email requesting the file.

    I'm thinking that if email doesn't work I may make it available via WinMX. Another possibility is to
    break it into several segments. Stay tuned, Micro fans.

  2. Joel Mayes

    Joel Mayes Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, John Everett wrote:
    > After seeing the recent thread with a question about the CC-6000, I scanned in the English portion
    > of the manual. Unfortunately, due to the extremely small text size I needed to scan at a fairly
    > high resolution. The resulting Microsoft Word .doc file is 23.2 Mb.

    Don't use Word for something like this, it is entirely the wrong tool for the job.

    When you scan the text it generates a image not text, so your word doc is probably a couple of big
    A4 size images, and Word generates such large and bloated files anyway adding big images to them
    just makes things silly.

    Save it as an image, preferably in a format that uses compressions
    (i.e. .jpg) and you will get a file at least 100x smaller.

    --
    | Joel Mayes | Linux and OpenBSD | /"\ ASCII ribbon | Accordionist | | \ / campaign against |
    | Musician | My PC, My Rules | X HTML mail and | Music Teacher | | / \ postings |

  3. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On 2003-03-18 07:58:38 PST, I wrote:

    >After seeing the recent thread with a question about the CC-6000, I scanned in the English portion
    >of the manual. Unfortunately, due to the extremely small text size I needed to scan at a fairly
    >high resolution. The resulting Microsoft Word .doc file is 23.2 Mb.
    >
    >I'm not sure my ISP will pass an email attachment this big, but if anyone wants to try, send me an
    >email requesting the file.
    >
    >I'm thinking that if email doesn't work I may make it available via WinMX. Another possibility is
    >to break it into several segments. Stay tuned, Micro fans.

    I finally got around to messing with the scanned manual images again. I've now reduced it to a
    single 408 Kb .jpg image; something much more amenable to emailing as an attachment. If you need a
    copy, email and I'll forward it along.

  4. HPMotors

    HPMotors New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2003
    I would love to get a copy of the manual - as I've resurrected my old cateye 6000 and it still seems to work - but I can't find an email address on your website. First time posting to this site so not sure how to access direct email options.

    Thanks for any help!

    Henry Payne - [email protected]
    HPMotors

  5. HPMotors wrote:
    > I would love to get a copy of the manual - as I've resurrected my old cateye 6000 and it still
    > seems to work - but I can't find an email address on your website. First time posting to this site
    > so not sure how to access direct email options.

    Why not just download it off the Cateye website?

    http://www.cateye.com/manuals/CC-6000_E.pdf

    I was actually suprised to see them finally get the full manual up there. The last time I looked,
    they just had some simple calibration instructions (which is all you really need).

    Personally, I'm thinking more in terms of retiring my CC-6000. It has never computed average speed
    correctly (distance divided by time does often does not equal the average speed that it shows). It
    also doesn't have auto stop/start which tends to make the average speed on my rides about 3-5 mph
    less than what it would be. Two things have stopped me from upgrading. The first is that I'm cheap.
    The second is that I can't decide which one I want. I'm currently leaning towards a Topeak Panoram
    because of the backlight. Not many bike computers have back lights. I'm not sure I like how wide
    this one is though. I don't have a lot of space on my bars and I need to be able to fit my headlight
    on there too and I'd prefer not to add a spacebar to my setup.

    --Bill Davidson
    --
    Please remove ".nospam" from my address for email replies.

    I'm a 17 year veteran of usenet -- you'd think I'd be over it by now

  6. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:36:45 -0700, Bill Davidson <[email protected]> wrote:

    >HPMotors wrote:
    >> I would love to get a copy of the manual - as I've resurrected my old cateye 6000 and it still
    >> seems to work - but I can't find an email address on your website. First time posting to this
    >> site so not sure how to access direct email options.
    >
    >Why not just download it off the Cateye website?
    >
    > http://www.cateye.com/manuals/CC-6000_E.pdf

    Nice of Cateye to finally get this online. From now on I'll refer requests for my jpeg version (I've
    actaully had quite a few) to the above url.

  7. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On 18 Aug 2003 03:31:10 +0950, HPMotors <[email protected]> wrote:

    >John Everett wrote:
    > > On 2003-03-18 07:58:38 PST, I wrote: If you need a copy, email and I'll forward it along.
    > > jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3http-
    > > ://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3
    >

    >I would love to get a copy of the manual - as I've resurrected my old cateye 6000 and it still
    >seems to work - but I can't find an email address on your website. First time posting to this site
    >so not sure how to access direct email options.
    >
    >Thanks for any help!

    Here's some help, my email address is in your own attribution. ;-)

  8. Paulus

    Paulus Guest

    got to cateye's site..they have all the old manuals avaialable for d/l

    news:[email protected]...