Cateye parts

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by News.Freeserve., Feb 18, 2003.

  1. does anyone do them in the UK? i have a HL-EL100 front light which i removed from my stolen bike and
    need the bracket

    if anyone knows, or gets offered a rocky moutain in the pub, give me a shout

    Tags:

  2. Peter Simons

    Peter Simons Guest

  3. Johnny Klunk

    Johnny Klunk Guest

    > removed from my stolen bike and need the bracket

    In the past I've gone into local pawn-type shops and looked at the brackets on their bikes for
    something compatible. In some cases its taken some tape/glue to make the brackets compatible but its
    better than throwing out a good light. Usually they'll sell them to you for a couple of quid (if you
    don't ask too many questions about why they have the bike & bracket without a matching light).

  4. In news:[email protected], news.freeserve.net <[email protected]> typed:
    > does anyone do them in the UK? i have a HL-EL100 front light which i removed from my stolen bike
    > and need the bracket

    I've seen brackets in Action Bikes Reading. AFAIK Cateye has standardised mounts on all their
    lamps...(at least their more recent ones).

    Action Bikes franchises are dotted around the UK so there may be one near you.

    Alex

  5. Mike Causer

    Mike Causer Guest

    On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:22:26 +0000, news.freeserve.net wrote:

    > does anyone do them in the UK? i have a HL-EL100 front light which i removed from my stolen bike
    > and need the bracket

    My LBS (Moons, Newmarket) is trying to get some Cateye brackets for me from the UK importers (Zyro
    in York), but it does not seem to be an easy or quick process. You can find the bracket part numbers
    on the Cateye (Japan) website <http://www.cateye.co.jp/cateye/tlhtml/tlparts.html>, but Zyro do not
    seem keen to supply them :-(

    Mike

  6. Write to Cateye in Japan, explain the problem and they will probably send you one free to get
    rid of you.

    Some years ago I wrote to them complaining about how often I had to get new speedometer mounts here
    in Ireland because the roads caused vibration which quickly wore the contacts (true).

    They sent me an indescipherable letter and a free good quality computer!!

  7. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > does anyone do them in the UK? i have a HL-EL100 front light which i removed from my stolen bike
    > and need the bracket

    If you can't find one in an LBS then Wiggle do Cateye brackets.

    Colin

  8. "Mr [email protected] \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room 2]" <[email protected]> wrote: ( Cateye still manage to do
    well on the Engrish stakes. I know when I look at ) my Astrale 2 I must "duly consider to traffic
    safety" :)

    I've often wondered what the standard of the other eight or nine languages is on those multi-lingual
    leaflets. It's undoubtedly better than my Japanese.

    I'm still wondering why my speedometer claims to stop measuring tenths of a mile an hour when I
    cycle faster than 60mph.

  9. In news:[email protected], Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee <[email protected]> typed:

    > They sent me an indescipherable letter and a free good quality computer!!

    Cateye still manage to do well on the Engrish stakes. I know when I look at my Astrale 2 I must
    "duly consider to traffic safety" :)

    Alex

  10. Graeme Dods

    Graeme Dods Guest

    "Gear id Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Write to Cateye in Japan, explain the problem and they will probably send you one free to get
    > rid of you.
    >
    > Some years ago I wrote to them complaining about how often I had to get new speedometer mounts
    > here in Ireland because the roads caused vibration which quickly wore the contacts (true).
    >
    > They sent me an indescipherable letter and a free good quality computer!!

    Is that the sound of a hundred pairs of hands furiously typing letters to Japan in the hope of a
    freebie that I can hear? :)

    Have fun!

    Graeme

  11. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:22:26 -0000, "news.freeserve.net" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >does anyone do them in the UK? i have a HL-EL100 front light which i removed from my stolen bike
    >and need the bracket
    >
    >if anyone knows, or gets offered a rocky moutain in the pub, give me a shout

    http://www.cateye.com/smallparts01.php?products_id=31

    I don't know how much this will help, as this is a US site; but at least it has the part number.

  12. The Mark

    The Mark Guest

    Geraint Jones wrote:
    > "Mr [email protected] \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room 2]"
    <[email protected]>
    > wrote: ( Cateye still manage to do well on the Engrish stakes.
    > know when I look at ) my Astrale 2 I must "duly consider to
    traffic
    > safety" :)
    >
    > I've often wondered what the standard of the other eight or
    nine
    > languages is on those multi-lingual leaflets. It's undoubtedly better than my Japanese.
    >
    > I'm still wondering why my speedometer claims to stop measuring tenths of a mile an hour when I
    > cycle faster than 60mph.

    Are you sure it's not 62.1.

    It could be because the computer is measuring kph and can only hold three digits in memory before
    converting to mph, So it can go to 99.9kph which is converted to 62.1mph and at 100kph the computer
    loses the tenth and doesn't recover it after conversion.

    ICBW but it sounds right to me :)
    --
    Mark

  13. "the Mark" <[email protected]> wrote: ( Geraint Jones wrote: ) > I'm still wondering why my
    speedometer claims to stop measuring ( > tenths of ) > a mile an hour when I cycle faster than
    60mph. ( Are you sure it's not 62.1.

    Of course I'm not. Wasn't it in urc that I remarked only the other year that one of the virtues of
    the Oxford motorway coach services claimed on the sides of the vehicles is that they are speed
    regulated to 62mph?

    ( It could be because the computer is measuring kph and can only ) hold three digits in memory
    before converting to mph, So it can ( go to 99.9kph which is converted to 62.1mph and at 100kph the
    ) computer loses the tenth and doesn't recover it after conversion.

    Yes, probably, but I'm still wondering why the manual bothers to tell me. I'm certainly not going to
    be exceeding 60mph on my bicycle, and anyone who does is unlikely to be reading their speedometer.

  14. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Geraint Jones <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Yes, probably, but I'm still wondering why the manual bothers to tell me. I'm certainly not going
    > to be exceeding 60mph on my bicycle, and anyone who does is unlikely to be reading their
    > speedometer.

    Cycle computers are popular with many cash strapped rally car crews.

  15. Mike Causer

    Mike Causer Guest

    On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:20:09 +0000, Mr [email protected] (2.3 zulu-alpha) [comms room new build] wrote:

    > I've seen brackets in Action Bikes Reading. AFAIK Cateye has standardised mounts on all their
    > lamps...(at least their more recent ones).

    Indeed. However the problem is that there are many sizes of tube to which the lamp-bracket needs to
    be mounted, and it's those that can be tricky to get hold of. In particular I'm trying to get clamps
    to attach rear lights to a couple of racks and need clamps for about 12mm/0.5inch tubes. It's these
    (and clamps for >30mm tubes) that Zyro do not keep in stock. I wouldn't expect any LBS to have them,
    but the national importer should if they're on the manufacturer's list.

    Trying to use the same lamps with two radicaly different bikes is tricky. I don't want to have two
    sets of lamps because of the difficulties of keeping all the batteries charged, and CatEye offer a
    set of very adaptable brackets so that I can use one set of lights (2 front & 2 rear in fact) on two
    bikes, leaving the brackets permanently attached to the bikes. Well thats my theory anyway.

    Mike