Cateye Powermeter! Pitctures please! (again)

robkit said:
so let me get this straight, we are saying that regardless the cost aspect, the Ergomo is a better buy than the SRM Pro?!

i only recently bought an SRM Pro, but this is important to my training buddy who is about to buy one...or perhaps an Ergomo if the consensus is that it's now superior?
Can't say. The SRM is out of my budget. I did get the ergomo and am selling my PT Pro. I am very impressed with the display options available with the ergomo. They are truly impressive. W/Kg, IF, TSS for all intervals or the ride, NP, Avg Pwr, rate of ascent, grade %... all of the usual stuff :D

robkit said:
so let me get this straight, we are saying that regardless the cost aspect, the Ergomo is a better buy than the SRM Pro?!

i only recently bought an SRM Pro, but this is important to my training buddy who is about to buy one...or perhaps an Ergomo if the consensus is that it's now superior?
I'm talking strictly PM functionality -- the information available to the cyclist. Since NP, IF and TSS are pretty simple running computations of power data, I don't think it will take SRM long to add these functions to their computer -- it won't affect the rest of the system at all. They'll probably offer these new functions as a software upgrade to their current computer, but if they're greedy they'll make you buy a new computer to get the added functions. The SRM still has the best technology for measuring power in the first place. But, as to functionality, they are all pretty elementary (even the new Ergomo).

Jens Westergren said:
A fairly reliable source told me that some pro teams are testing the cateye powermeter. If this is true, it means that they are very close to a finished product. To my understanding they are using the Torductor-S technology from ABB, currently used in F1, so there should be no problem with an SRM patent. The biggest pro teams using Cateye that I can think of is QuickStep and Davitamon/Lotto, so please go out, (bring your camera) and get me a picture of this system!

Am I the only one interested in this? :confused:

Thanks/Jens

Bump to the top of the heap

Are there any updates/sightings of these this season?

I'd love another choice and feel that Cateye has the resources to do something right.

Hugh

jerryz said:
RDO check out the new ergomo pro. It does a lot of what yu are looking for. Including displaying your current output in W/Kg. Current/ Cumalitive TSS and IF etc. The new gen powermeters are beginning to show up.
Could you please shed some light on what the difference is between the "new" Ergomo Pro and the "old" Ergomo? I've seen some disparaging comments on this forum toward the "old" Ergomo, but I've also seen some very positive comments on the new model. What is the difference? I'm somewhat concerned with accuracy, but mainly concerned with consistency. After all, if I'm just trying to gauge my relative power improvement, consistency is the main issue.

Thanks,

typ993