Cateye Powermeter! Pitctures please! (again)

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by Jens Westergren, Dec 28, 2005.

1. jerryz

jerryz New Member

Can't say. The SRM is out of my budget. I did get the ergomo and am selling my PT Pro. I am very impressed with the display options available with the ergomo. They are truly impressive. W/Kg, IF, TSS for all intervals or the ride, NP, Avg Pwr, rate of ascent, grade %... all of the usual stuff :D

2. RapDaddyo

RapDaddyo Active Member

I'm talking strictly PM functionality -- the information available to the cyclist. Since NP, IF and TSS are pretty simple running computations of power data, I don't think it will take SRM long to add these functions to their computer -- it won't affect the rest of the system at all. They'll probably offer these new functions as a software upgrade to their current computer, but if they're greedy they'll make you buy a new computer to get the added functions. The SRM still has the best technology for measuring power in the first place. But, as to functionality, they are all pretty elementary (even the new Ergomo).

3. earthman309

earthman309 New Member

Bump to the top of the heap

Are there any updates/sightings of these this season?

I'd love another choice and feel that Cateye has the resources to do something right.

Hugh

4. typ993

typ993 New Member

Could you please shed some light on what the difference is between the "new" Ergomo Pro and the "old" Ergomo? I've seen some disparaging comments on this forum toward the "old" Ergomo, but I've also seen some very positive comments on the new model. What is the difference? I'm somewhat concerned with accuracy, but mainly concerned with consistency. After all, if I'm just trying to gauge my relative power improvement, consistency is the main issue.

Thanks,

typ993