Cateye questions

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Doki, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. Doki

    Doki Guest

    I've currently got the boggo Cateye rechargeable single halogen lamp setup.
    It's very bright, but the fact that it's a spotlamp makes it a bit useless
    offroad when I can either see things that are near the front wheel, too late
    to do anything about them, or see things coming from a way away and hope I
    time things right. Would swapping the bulb for the wide angle one do me any
    good, or am I better off swapping to one of the twin lamp setups?

    Tags:

  2. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "Doki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I've currently got the boggo Cateye rechargeable single halogen lamp

    setup.
    > It's very bright, but the fact that it's a spotlamp makes it a bit useless
    > offroad when I can either see things that are near the front wheel, too

    late
    > to do anything about them, or see things coming from a way away and hope I
    > time things right. Would swapping the bulb for the wide angle one do me

    any
    > good, or am I better off swapping to one of the twin lamp setups?

    For off-road you need at least a single 10watt unit. In my, somewhat
    limited, experience using both wide and narrow beam 10 watters together
    doesn't make a massive difference over using one or t'other.

    Regards,
    Pete

  3. Doki

    Doki Guest

    Peter B wrote:
    > "Doki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> I've currently got the boggo Cateye rechargeable single halogen lamp
    >> setup. It's very bright, but the fact that it's a spotlamp makes it
    >> a bit useless offroad when I can either see things that are near the
    >> front wheel, too late to do anything about them, or see things
    >> coming from a way away and hope I time things right. Would swapping
    >> the bulb for the wide angle one do me any good, or am I better off
    >> swapping to one of the twin lamp setups?

    > For off-road you need at least a single 10watt unit. In my, somewhat
    > limited, experience using both wide and narrow beam 10 watters
    > together doesn't make a massive difference over using one or t'other.

    That's the current setup - a spot 10W bulb.

  4. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "Doki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Peter B wrote:
    > > For off-road you need at least a single 10watt unit. In my, somewhat
    > > limited, experience using both wide and narrow beam 10 watters
    > > together doesn't make a massive difference over using one or t'other.

    > That's the current setup - a spot 10W bulb.

    Well, like I said doubling up the wattage neither seems twice as bright nor
    can you see twice as much, light propagation doesn't allow that kind of
    simplicity but any extra helps when riding over technical stuff.

    Pete.