Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Cateye settings for 20" 451 rims

Started by Vagabond61 · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,518 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
1 July 2004
Last activity
2 July 2004
Original author
Vagabond61
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,518
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I use a bike with small wheels (20" or 451). Do does one set
    that size on a Cateye Mity8 cyclocomputer please? Thank you.

  2. Typo error...

    I use a bike with small wheels (20" or 451). So how does
    one set that size on aCateye Mity8 cyclocomputer please?
    Thank you.

    "vagabond61" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi,

    I use a bike with small wheels (20" or 451). So how does
    one set that size


    on a

    Quoted message said:

    Cateye Mity8 cyclocomputer please? Thank you.

  3. "vagabond61" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi,

    I use a bike with small wheels (20" or 451). Do does one
    set that size on a Cateye Mity8 cyclocomputer please?
    Thank you.

    Wheel size isn't enough information. Tire size and pressure
    can affect calibration also. Here's some instructions:

    sheldonbrown.comcyclecomputer
    calibration.html cateye.commanu
    als/computers/MT400v1_E.pdf

    Jeff

  4. Thanks Jeff. I checked Sheldon's site and so the setting's
    about 162 for my 451 wheels.

    "Jeff Wills" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "vagabond61" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Hi,

    I use a bike with small wheels (20" or 451). Do does one
    set that size


    on a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Cateye Mity8 cyclocomputer please? Thank you.

    Wheel size isn't enough information. Tire size and
    pressure can affect calibration also. Here's some
    instructions:

    sheldonbrown.comcyclecomputer calibration.html
    cateye.comMT40
    0v1_E.pdf

    Jeff

  5. That sounds about right. However, roll-out calibration is
    still the best method.

    My wife keeps getting on my case when her computer is
    off by 1-2%... about as close as you can get with
    normal calibration. I haven't had a computer on my bike
    for 8 years.

    Jeff

    "vagabond61" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks Jeff. I checked Sheldon's site and so the setting's
    about 162 for my 451 wheels.

    "Jeff Wills" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "vagabond61" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Hi,

    I use a bike with small wheels (20" or 451). Do does
    one set that size


    on a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Cateye Mity8 cyclocomputer please? Thank you.

    Wheel size isn't enough information. Tire size and
    pressure can affect calibration also. Here's some
    instructions:

    sheldonbrown.comcyclecomputer
    calibration.html cateye.comman
    uals/computers/MT400v1_E.pdf

    Jeff

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.