Cateye settings for 20" 451 rims

Vagabond61

Guest
Hi,

I use a bike with small wheels (20" or 451). Do does one set
that size on a Cateye Mity8 cyclocomputer please? Thank you.

Typo error...

I use a bike with small wheels (20" or 451). So how does
one set that size on aCateye Mity8 cyclocomputer please?
Thank you.

"vagabond61" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I use a bike with small wheels (20" or 451). So how does
> one set that size
on a
> Cateye Mity8 cyclocomputer please? Thank you.

Thanks Jeff. I checked Sheldon's site and so the setting's
about 162 for my 451 wheels.

"Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "vagabond61" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use a bike with small wheels (20" or 451). Do does one
> > set that size
on a
> > Cateye Mity8 cyclocomputer please? Thank you.
>
> Wheel size isn't enough information. Tire size and
> pressure can affect calibration also. Here's some
> instructions:
>
> http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cyclecomputer-calibration.html
> http://www.cateye.com/tech_support/manuals/computers/MT40-
> 0v1_E.pdf
>
> Jeff

That sounds about right. However, roll-out calibration is
still the best method.

My wife keeps getting on my case when her computer is
off by 1-2%... about as close as you can get with
normal calibration. I haven't had a computer on my bike
for 8 years.

Jeff